Eaton's Corporate IT Function is seeking a Solutions Architect - Collaborative Technologies in our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE).
The Solutions Architect - Collaborative Technologies will be based at any of the following Eaton locations: Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Maumee, OH; Galesburg, MI; Louisville, KY; or Pittsburgh, PA. No relocation is being offered for this position.
If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
The Solutions Architect - Collaborative Technologies will be responsible for providing the technical strategy and supporting IT frameworks to guide the successful design, deployment and operations of IT solutions; project based. The scope of this role includes multiple technical or functional areas at Sector level broad solutions and standards for a particular business area (Human Resources, Supply Chain, Finance, etc.) and/or a particular platform (Oracle, Java, etc.). Strategic horizon (3 - 5 years)
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours
- You will plan for future-state technology portfolios and IT program investments
- You will develop, communicate, and deploy architecture governance processes
- You will drive the application of emerging technologies to current Eaton environments
- You will drive solution architecture, develop cost models, ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery.
- You will develop integration methodologies between new and existing technologies
- You will be accountable for maintaining high levels of solution adoption, performance, availability and capacity, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
- You will work within Eaton's IT Organization to successfully influence the direction of key technical elements of the solution environment.
- You will own Strategic Planning process
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 7 years in IT with experience in multiple technology platforms
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Expertise in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of enterprise-wide applications
- Experience successfully delivering on all aspects of a technology project
- Experience successfully delivering on all aspects of an enterprise-wide, global technology projects
- Domain Expertise with Design / Architectural Experience
- Exposure to several layers of technology solutions: hardware, application administration, application development, support, etc.
- Experience with all Office 365 services (E1 - E5 and the EM+S suite)
- VMware Horizon, Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop
- Unified Communications Technologies (Cisco / Microsoft)
- Mobile Device Management / Mobile Application Management (AirWatch & Intune)
- Identity Services (Active Directory, Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS))
- Microsoft Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS / iOS operating systems
- Experience in solution, application and infrastructure architecture
- Experience, as an individual contributor, in mentoring / managing technical resources across disciplines
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects of varying scope and scale
- Requires the ability to handle ambiguous situations and execute upon a direction
- Experience and working knowledge of related disciplines such as Information Architecture, Solution Architecture etc. as appropriate
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical discipline such as: B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering,
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.