Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This is an entry-level, security position that is responsible for enhancing and supporting the safety and security of customers and team members through friendly engagement while providing a positive and professional presence.
.What You'll be Doing:
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Maintain a continual presence at the assigned entry/exit within the store, providing friendly and efficient service to customers and team members as well as deterring inappropriate behavior.
- Respond, resolve, and document EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) alarms.
- Alert Store Detectives to suspicious persons and/or situations and may act as a witness during apprehension situations.
- Direct emergency response personnel to the area of incident.
- Ensure physical security of customer entry and exit access points.
- Identify, resolve, and document safety concerns and escalate to appropriate leadership personnel for resolution, including OSHA compliance and fire code inspections.
- Assist in mitigating customer complaints/concerns and engaging appropriate leadership personnel as necessary.
- Prevent/deter theft and fraud through physical presence and customer engagement.
- May be required to testify in court if necessary.
- Accurately document merchandise recoveries.
- Practice 200% safety for self and other.
- May assist Store Detectives in criminal investigations/apprehensions.
- Assist with perimeter security checks to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- This job profile is not meant to be all-inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior asset protection experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of behavioral safety strategies.
- Ability to learn and understand fire and security systems, including EAS Systems.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and report writing.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Commitment to reliable and consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with all customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of product locations and possess the ability to precisely direct customers based upon that knowledge.
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
- Meijer 401 (k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Days Off & Holiday Pay
- Team Member Discount
- Meijer Scholarship Opportunities for Team Members and their immediate families
- Leadership Development Training Opportunities
Posting ID: 591713526Posted: 2020-12-08