This position plays an essential strategic role as a member of executive management, reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer. The individual participates in the planning and execution of corporate strategies and plans and is responsible for all credit authority and credit risk management aspects of the organization. The incumbent is responsible for developing, recommending and implementing all credit related philosophy, policies, standards and procedures imperative to establish and maintain the credit risk profile in alignment with risk appetite. In addition, the individual promotes a risk aware culture throughout the organization by identifying and measuring risk and enhancing risk mitigation strategies to ensure soundness, profitable, and growth (in that subsequent order). The individual is responsible for setting credit limits, industry limits, and leading the Credit Risk Committee and monitoring credit portfolio health, including exposures and concentrations. The individual supports credit scenario testing and credit stress testing. The role is the face of the institution to regulatory agencies for credit matters. The Chief Credit Officer directs and manages a team responsible for credit authority, adjudication and credit decisioning in all delivery channels as well as related servicing actions. The incumbent develops and implements strategies and tactics, as well as plans, organizes, and implements operational activities to achieve strategic department goals and objectives.
Strategic Organizational Leadership
* Participates in the development of long-term strategic business plans and implementation strategies to achieve the organization's objectives.
* Visibility with the Board of Directors to provide expertise in the area of responsibility
* Actively participates in ELT meetings and discussions; assists peers in making sound decisions based on analysis, discussion, experience and judgment.
* Contributes to marketplace assessments and identifies business opportunities that align with the business strategy; identifies future trends and developments.
Strategic Departmental Leadership
* Engages with other organizational leaders to set strategic credit and risk management direction.
* Develops, recommends and implements all credit and risk related philosophy, policies, standards and procedures.
* Makes underwriting decisions on the largest and most complex credit accounts.
* Ensures sound credit administration and maintains strong internal controls.
* Establishes and manages compliance with risk appetite, risk culture, and risk awareness policies and procedures.
* Interacts frequently with regulators
Strategic Team Leadership
* Provides direct leadership to several Senior Credit Executives.
* Demonstrate strong collaboration with Line of Business leadership.
* Champions the brand; serves as a role-model for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
* Communicates business expectations and goals to team and is responsible for team's results.
* Promotes a positive work environment that leverages the talents and abilities of team members in achieving organizational and team goals.
* Assesses talent and determines the division of responsibilities and how the teams should be organized.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor's degree in ag economics, ag business, business, finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred.
* 10+ years of credit underwriting, credit risk management or closely related experience.
* Five or more years of senior or executive leadership and management experience required.
* Five or more years of portfolio risk management techniques with large pools of capital preferred.
* Ability to demonstrate leadership courage; in addition to displaying credit leadership and judgement
* Possess enterprise risk mindset
* Deep experience in credit and capital markets
* Experience with credit cycle management
* Skill in exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies, while also being able to make sound decisions based on analysis, discussion, experience and judgement.
* Skill in anticipating emerging and future trends accurately based on broad knowledge and perspective.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
* Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships within the Credit team, across the organization, with the Board of Directors, clients, external partners and broader community required.
* Experience successfully selecting, evaluating, and engaging team members is required, with the ability to communicate a vision and provide motivation and direction to those team members.
* Ability to travel
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Associated topics: accounting, audit, bank, credit, financial, financial services, invest, investor, pay, treasure
- Job ID: ba5122c0-10789002875
Jobs You May Like
Dearborn, MI, United States
City of Toledo
Executive , Director , & Management Positions