3243 Lincoln Highway,Thorndale,Pennsylvania,19372,United States of America This position will be in Pottstown, PAPost Acute Services - Registered Nurse
DaVita Kidney Care, is bringing our industry-leading clinical quality to patients on-site at skilled nursing facilities (SNF) through a new team called Post-Acute Services. Approximately 10% of all dialysis patients reside in a SNF and are transported to dialysis three times a week placing a significant burden on patients and adding significant avoidable costs to the health care system. Post-Acute Services teammates will have access to all the capabilities and resources DaVita has to offer, and will work to quickly leverage these to develop the infrastructure and rapidly grow the new service line. Ideal teammates will have experience in dialysis, get energized by a start-up type environment and improving the lives of patients, and have a track record of finding ways to Get Stuff Done (GSD). Teammates must be comfortable working autonomously and have demonstrated the ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources across the organization.What you can expect:
In this role, you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their dialysis treatment stays on track. Post-Acute RNs will troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for our patients related to their dialysis treatment and will occasionally partner alongside the SNF staff to coordinate care. Primary work schedule will be Monday through Friday with occasional Saturday work. No on call required.
Your impact on the lives of our patients and their families will be felt every day.Patient education.
RNs by training, are Educators. As a Post-Acute Services RN, you will be provided the opportunity to conduct impactful and meaningful education to patients and their families in the SNF setting.Direct Patient Care:
The RN's primary responsibility is to independently demonstrate best practice techniques and deliver optimal dialysis care. The role includes supervising Dialysis Technician who are tasked with delivering tandem care to meet the capacity and efficiency goals of the program.Complexity -
Post-Acute Dialysis care is a complex but fulfilling service line. Meeting and/or exceeding clinical outcomes are the goals and multitasking is an expectation to meet the needs of the service, the patients and our SNF partners. Autonomy and Critical Thinking.
Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting. Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your 'core' nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.Some details about this position:
You must have:
- Your training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita's award-winning training programs
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) nursing experience
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Posting ID: 565177807Posted: 2020-07-24