Company Name: Dillons
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Supervise all front-end personnel to ensure proper check stand flow and Customer 1st service. Maintain accountability for all cash and assets debited, collected,deposited in the store. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide safe, effective and efficient customer service on the frontend.
- Treat customers and each other in a cordial, respectful and professional manner.
- Supervise all customer service and frontend personnel.
- Train others in the following areas: basic Frontend operations,use of Frontend equipment, customer service counter operations, accounting functions and store reports, Checker and Courtesy Clerk duties and Dillon policies and procedures.
- Accountable and responsible for all money debited,collected, and deposited at the store.
- Maintain a well-organized, clean, pleasant shopping environment on the Frontend and parking lot area.
- Provide active support of our Customer 1st culture.
- Follow through on implementation of company programs and adherence to company policies and procedures, particularly in the area of maintenance of a work environment free of unlawful harassment or discrimination.
- Provide input on department budgets, goals and results and maximize department and store sales and profits.
- Communicate and interact with associates and customers to provide a positive impression.
- Explain standards of performance to associates and work with them in achieving them. Conduct performance reviews on a timely basis and continually coach associates to improve performance in accordance with direction from store management.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations regarding the hiring, firing, disciplining,demoting, transferring and evaluating of all department personnel.
- Assist on special projects such as periodic inventories, store resets, remodels, special merchandising and promotions.
- Respond to any emergency situations that may arise at the store location during or outside of regularly scheduled working hours when practicable. Receive phone calls and/or report to work when necessary to effectively resolve the emergency.
- Supervise and coach direct reports on the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to be flexible and work mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong, diplomatic written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude to manage people, organize workloads, and make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization.
- Personal initiative and follow through to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and willingness to help all members of the department.
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Thorough experience in Customer Service and all phases of frontend operations. Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
- Understanding of all key components of department operations.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices and safety.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS || Colby || 1605 S Range Ave || 67701 || Dillons || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Posting ID: 601082359Posted: 2021-01-21