TemperPack is a rapidly growing company based in Richmond, Virginia. We design and manufacture innovative, sustainable packaging components for cold-chain shipping of food and pharmaceutical products. The markets we serve have an urgent need for disruptive, sustainable alternatives to replace the wide array of non-sustainable packaging materials conventionally used in the cold-chain such as Styrofoam coolers. Our aspiration is to provide packaging solutions that customers and end-consumers feel great about using.
Job Title: Machine Operator
Supervisor's Title: Manufacturing Supervisor
Department: Multiple Department
Location: 4447 Carolina Ave, Richmond, VA 23222
We are seeking a Machine Operator who will work on either our extruder, panel line or kraft encapsulation line while adhering to proper safety rules and regulations. This position reports to the Production Supervisor and is based in Richmond, VA. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee machine production and ClimaCell line workers while demonstrating proper techniques and adherence to safety rules, including safely starting, running, and stopping one or the other of the extruder or panel line while producing material that meets specifications.
- Assist Process Engineer or Supervisor in day-to-day planning of both extruder and converter machine operations and fulfilling schedules including, but not limited to, monitoring hourly production levels, correcting quality and note deviations as well as recording raw material levels and consumption, and ensuring area cleanliness.
- Execute and verify settings and tooling during changeovers from one recipe to another.
- Tear down, clean and reassemble extruder and/or panel line following normal or emergency stop and assist the Process Engineer or Mechanic in reassembling and reinserting extruder and panel line parts.
- Threading material through the cutting, slitting and guillotine section of the panel machine.
- Give functional direction to a small group of line workers while operating the creasing, slitting and guillotine section of the panel line and related processes.
- Give functional direction to a small group of line workers while loading, unloading and staging raw materials and finished product.
- Maintain area housekeeping and equipment condition as needed to ensure equipment runs safely such as cleaning start up waste on the extruder, clearing jams on the panel line and cleaning blades and rolls.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience working with complex equipment
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
Posting ID: 601151456Posted: 2021-01-21