$2,500 sign-on bonus for Full-time New Hires!!**FT Evening shift 02:00 - 10:00PM****PRN all shifts**Any Questions? Contact MolallaAdministrator@prestigecare.com
- Status: Full-Time/Part-Time/On-Call
Provides quality nursing care to residents; implements specific procedures and programs; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality while providing individualized attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and answering residents' call lights promptly and courteously.
- Understanding and ensuring that individualized care plans are followed and providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information, changes and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
- Attends to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements.
- Provides care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
- Protects the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents' weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving, and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies while performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- Attends and participates in resident activities and the execution of the Expressions of My Life programming for Expressions memory care residents.
- Incorporates the Life Story and 100 Things About Me information into routine tasks and ADL's for Expression memory care residents.
- Responsible for following universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Compliant with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, planning and completing job duties with minimal supervisory direction, utilizing appropriate judgment.
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A minimum of three months' prior nursing assistant experience in long-term care preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Must hold current Certification in State or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment.
- Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED Molalla Manor Care Center
Molalla Manor Care Center is located just off West Main Street and close to restaurants, shopping and Silverton Hospital. We value good people and know that a great professional team makes Molalla a healthier and happier environment for its residents, and our care team has the experience to show it. Together, our team fosters a warm and loving environment filled with humor and fun - with our resident cats and dogs keeping everyone company.
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an "employee," you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below: We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- HSA/FSA accounts
- Employer paid group life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to career development and continuing education
- Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!
*Benefits may vary by location Join our nationally-recognized and award-winning care center! We were 1 of only 17 care centers in the entire state of Oregon to receive a 2019 "Bronze" National Quality Award through the American Health Care Association, which honors long term and post-acute care providers that have demonstrated their commitment to improving the quality of care for seniors and individuals with disabilities! Join our high-performing care team today!
Posting ID: 548284006Posted: 2020-08-14