Looking for an experienced carpenter. We are based in Estacada, but there is no need to live here. You will be reporting to job sites locations all over the Portland Metro Area, including Troutdale, Lake Oswego, Milwaukee, Oregon City, Sandy, Gresham, etc.
Wage: $17-30 depending on demonstrated skill and reliability
Paid Holidays after 4 months
Medical/Dental after 4 months (if you don’t need medical benefits, we can discuss a monetary increase instead)
Typical work hours: 8:00 am-4:30 pm M-F, occasionally a Saturday if you are able, but not required.
REQUIRED SKILLS (if you do not meet ALL of the following, please do not apply):
· Must know how to accurately measure and cut wood for framing, decks, and at least basic trim.
· Must be able to think ahead of the next steps and be self-directed.
· Must be able to lift and carry 60 lbs.
· Must be reliable both in attendance and communication
· Must be able to bend, lift, climb, use ladders, not afraid of heights, move awkward/heavy objects
· Must be able to keep a good hustling pace AND maintain quality
· Must have reliable transportation (a car is fine, but you need to be able to get to the job sites)
· Must be honest and trustworthy
· Must have your own hand tools (tool bag, tape measure, cat’s paw, hammer, razor blade, etc)
· Must know how to use power tools safely
Secondary skills that are desirable, but not required: Tile, drywall, windows, siding, flooring, cabinet install, complex trim and crown, minor plumbing, minor electrical, building envelope composition, heated floors, counter top install.