Company Name: Smith's Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Assist with customer requests; retrieving, lifting and locating product.
- Greet customers, help customers load merchandise on the conveyor belt, bag merchandise and thank customers.
- Assist in removing customer's merchandise from bottom of bascart for checkout.
- Properly and politely follow all customer requests on bagging preferences.
- Follow best practices for bagging items in various types of bags, such as reusable/plastic/paper, while ensuring that contents or items are not damaged.
- Offer assistance to customers with loading bags into their car.
- Control shrink by following all company shrink initiatives including but not limited to: bottom of basket inspections, cart transfers, proper placement of all go-backs.
- Retrieve carts from the parking area using a cart strap, pushing no more than 6 carts at once, and return them to designated areas.
- Understand the store's layout and have the ability to locate products and conduct price checks for cashiers.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Display a positive, friendly attitude.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Execute, maintain and log a legitimate safety sweeps program by inspecting entire sales floor every half hour.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Maintain cleanliness standards on, but not limited to: lobbies, vending machines, restrooms, total sales floor, spills, check stands, carts, hand baskets, and front of building/parking lot.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Collaborate with Front-end associates to encourage teamwork.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Must be 16 or older
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Smith's: A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, Smith's currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith's charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MT || Columbia Falls || 419 Nucleus Ave || 59912 || Smith's Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Posting ID: 570911723Posted: 2020-09-01