ADG Creative, LLC
Company Job Title: Content Strategist
Location: Baltimore, MD; Columbia, MD
Director of Strategy, Commercial
Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
The Content Strategist
will be responsible for developing creative products and concepts of outstanding quality, ranging from headlines and short-form copy to long-form content, including: interactive/web, print, microcopy, strategy documentation, and other forms of UX/UI communications solutions for agency and clients. The Content Strategist
will also write copy/content for customer-focused online products and services that enhance customer experience. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide content governance for creative product from inception through completion to ensure a high-level of quality and maintenance of concept through approval of design.
- Create all copy/content for approval, and participate in review and approval process with appropriate project stakeholders.
- Research clients' products/services/images to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned projects.
- Provide proofreading support for all agency work products.
- Work to ensure copy/concepts are UX/UI focused, customer-centric, and in line with the overall strategic creative plan for any given project.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to integrate content strategy across design, development, and other related disciplines.
- Conduct web-based content audits.
- Provide content governance across multiple unique but related corporate websites.
- Research and write strategic and tactical content, as requested.
- Maintain current software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or English or a directly related field
- 6 years in technical writing and/or UX/UI writing .
- 4 years of copy writing experience in traditional advertising, digital, or marketing agency, with experience in marketing communications, content development, design-focused thinking, and UX/UI practices.
- Portfolio demonstrating copywriting work for print and digital advertising, corporate collateral, and web/interactive.
- Ability to connect insights to design - translate insights into opportunities, and be enthusiastic about working with cross-disciplinary teams to design, develop and iterate ideas.
- Ability to plan, build and manage a variety of projects.
- Ability to juggle a variety of concurrent initiatives.
- Ability to build relationships with clients, leadership and teams.
- Ability to manage small cross-discipline teams.
- An innate ability to juggle multiple deadlines, handle difficult clients, deal with conflict resolution, address problems with simple and efficient solutions, all while maintaining poise and professionalism.
- Ability to edit large amounts of text down to a tight, well written story is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Collegiate-level research skills.
- Self-starter, ability to operate with limited direction.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 566652705Posted: 2020-08-05