From time to time we share our thoughts.
Join the Conversation!
NewWave is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare's value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
The Sr Vice President (SVP), Engineering at NewWave is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Engineering staff in partnership with the CTO, aligning the technical direction of the company with the vision of the CEO, CTO, and providing technical writing in support of new business opportunities, and providing technical direction in support of multiple IT projects/programs. You will be charged with providing leadership in developing technical strategies for NewWave programs and input into long range business planning from a technical perspective.
The SVP, Engineering will collaborate with the senior management team on proposal development, including writing and reviewing. The SVP, Engineering will partner with the CTO in strategy development for NewWave's Infrastructure Services, Software Development, Call Center, Technical thought leadership, Solutions Architecting & Development, as well as Research and Development.
- Technical Solution Development
- Lead and develop program technical solutions/innovations, products, including the design/development of proof-of-concepts and implementation of designed products.
- Learn and shape technical opportunities by white paper development, capability briefings, supporting technical presentations to clients, and technical writing in support of proposal efforts.
- Provide solution support to sell NewWave IT services, including Software Integration, Software Development, IT Security, Administration, OpenSource Technologies, Big Data/Data Analytics, Program/Project Administration, Data Capture & Recovery, Data Storage & Archiving.
- Product Development
- Responsible for the long-range direction of program engineering/technology strategy. Directs the strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of program-wide technology and products.
- Maintains technology standards across all programs to align with organizational technology standards.
- Directs the activities necessary to design and develop innovative technical solutions for programs as well as ensure the necessary technology infrastructure is running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively.
- For each NewWave client collaborate with all appropriate internal parties to help define client technical goals, develop innovative solutions, set technical objectives, develop plans and timelines, and monitor ongoing technical delivery to ensure effective project execution.
- Provide ongoing and high-level advisory technical services to clients and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with other Management Team members, Project and/or Client Management staff, and/or other NewWave management to develop and implement systems and processes to monitor, ensure, and improve technical delivery and client satisfaction. Includes ensuring technical milestones are achieved on-time and within budget.
- Experience transforming an organization from a waterfall to agile culture.
- Strategic (Forward) thinker - one that brings ideas to the table that enhance customer performance; ability to grasp vision and objectives of program and build game plan and execute
- 10+ years of Technical and Program Management Experience
- Microsoft Project
- Experience with complex Java Enterprise Applications, IBM WebSphere stack, modern/lightweight cloud-native applications, containerization and Kubernetes.
- Highly knowledgeable in DevOps services is also expected
- Healthcare/CMS experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and have sound judgment.
- Attention to detail, quick learner, have a positive attitude, ability to multi-task, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management.
- Possess critical thinking skills, reading and interpretation, writing, and communication skills.
- Understanding and wide application of methodology and subject matter related concepts, practices, standards and procedures with a general knowledge of other related business disciplines.
- Able to work closely with all project stakeholders such as business users, project managers, and business analysts while delivering solutions.
- Works with limited supervision.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.