Gregory Electric is hiring an experienced CDL Driver/ Underground Operator. An Underground Operator is skilled in the construction, maintenance and repair of equipment used for underground electrical distribution systems. This position works at various locations in/around Columbia, SC.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Possesses a CDL or ability to obtain
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Understands safe work procedures, underground services, infrastructure and ductbanks
- Maintains and safely operates company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor outside and in inclement weather.
- Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on circuits
- Understands grounding procedures
- Capable of working in confined spaces
- Understands soil classifications, sloping and shoring requirements
- Working knowledge of ladder requirements and line clearances
- Ability to properly inspect and select PPE.
- Other related work as required to complete the job.
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, team and customer oriented.
Salary is based on knowledge and experience. We offer 401K and Health Benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
Interested individuals may apply online at:
Or in person: Gregory Electric Company, Inc. 2124 College Street Columbia SC.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Gregory Electric is a trusted partner for the design, installation and service of energy and infrastructure. We are a diverse organization with expertise in all facets of commercial and industrial low and medium voltage construction, high voltage power, mechanical, HVAC, telecommunications, solar, water utilities and water features. We bring customers not just
capabilities, but deep skill backed by a 70 year history and a reputation for safety and reliability. We are 350 employees strong with offices throughout the Carolinas.
Learn more about our company at www.gregoryelectric.com
Posting ID: 558265370Posted: 2020-05-30