Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality
, and Christ
, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit. Providence Health
is looking for a Central Monitor Tech to join our team at our Downtown Campus. This is a night shift position.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health, click here. Essential Functions
Qualifications :Minimum Education
- Documents/Interprets telemetry rhythm strips every 4 hours and with change in rhythm. Run, mount, measure and record EKG
- Completes a rhythm unit-based report sheet and reports patients' rhythm to oncoming shifts.
- Review alarms and rhythm report as part of the CCT hand off procedure.
- All lethal rhythms and any patient not on the monitor for more than 5 minutes (with no call back) is to be communicated by paging the charge nurse beeper and called to the unit's bypass phone immediately.
- Nurse or designated representative will call to report the data to be entered into the telemetry monitor. The CCT will enter the data that includes: room number, receiver number, patient's name, medical record number.
- Date of birth, code status, temporary pacemaker with settings, and identify if patient has an ICD or permanent pacemaker will be noted on the report sheet.(PPM)
- Telemetry boxes to be cleaned after each patient's use. Batteries and lead wires are to be inserted before box leaves Central Monitor Room (CMR).
High school education required. Cardiac Monitor Tech certification and/or direct proven experience required. Minimum Work Experience
Prefer one-year monitor tech and unit clerk experience. Medical Terminology, EKG experience preferred. Location
Providence Health Downtown
Posting ID: 562514476Posted: 2020-08-07