Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality
, and Christ
, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit. Providence Heart- Bernardin
is looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant to join their team.
Providence Medical Group's team of cardiologists are known throughout the Midlands for providing top quality cardiac care, and not just by the patients and other physicians. Our cardiologists are recognized industry-wide for their success treatment of heart disease. In fact, Providence cardiologists are repeatedly selected by device developers to introduce cardiovascular products and procedures to the Midlands because of our strict commitment to quality and history of successful outcomes for the patient.
For more information about the services provided and Physicians at Providence Heart, click here. Medical Assistant Position Summary:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services. Essential Functions
Qualifications :Minimum Work Experience
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include: setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which may include: respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Provides assistance in managing referrals into or out of the practice operation
- Tracks and follows all referrals as appropriate sufficient to assure that the patients' needs are met.
Minimum of one-year work experience in public contact job, preferably service related. Experience or interest in health care.Minimum Education
High school diploma or equivalent required. Required Licenses and Certifications
[South Carolina, United States] Medical Assistants
Certified Medical Assistant in the state of South Carolina
Active BLS obtained from the American Heart Association Location
1655 Bernardin Avenue
Columbia, SC 29204 Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM