Provides general nursing care to patients in outpatient clinic setting by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal.
- Explain prescribed procedures and treatments to patients.
- Prepare equipment and aid physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Maintain awareness of comfort and needs of the patient.
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions, and notify supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Perform all drug screening procedures in accordance with established rules and regulations.
- Ensure patient immunizations are appropriate, well documented and administered using approved nursing techniques.
- Conduct physician referrals as well as service pre-certifications on an as needed basis.
- Document nursing history and physical assessment of patients.
- Rotate among various clinical services such as lab, nursing and x-ray.
- Prepare rooms; sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies for procedures.
- Ensure work area is neat and clean, fully stocked and all laundry items have been laundered and put away.
- Manage difficult and emotional customer situations.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Respond to all patient messages; documenting conversations in electronic medical records system, assist with any patient discharging duties and share responsibility of call back sheets.
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posting ID: 563624758Posted: 2020-08-06