The Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is seeking enthusiastic Front Desk Agents (part time and full time) to join our dynamic team of hospitality professionals!
As a Front Desk Agent, you will create the complete guest experience for our guests by offering a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service. In this position, you will have several opportunities to brighten someone's day! Come see why our employees love it here, and help us maintain our above average guest satisfaction!
Our attractive compensation package includes a $12 hourly wage guaranteed, option to enroll in 401k, dining and travel discounts, special offers from our business partners, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers!
Full time associates are eligible for benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, vacation, paid holidays, and short term disability.
- The Gallery Host Stand, the Bakery Café, the Guest Kitchen, the e-room and the TV den, guest check in and out, hotel shuttle van, and the servicing of the meeting rooms.
- Assist guest with check in and check out processes (verifying registration, address and credit information, balancing bank, posting charges).
- Go above and beyond to provide assistance, i.e. assist with luggage, coffee, directions, wake up calls, future reservations, etc.
- Provide information to guest and visitor inquiries; coordinates all guest requests for special arrangement of services, courteously and efficiently informs guests of hotel services, features and room amenities.
- Answer hotel telephones courteously and efficiently following Hyatt Place standards.
- Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable with the operation of the POS system.
- Assist guests with food orders and serves food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, professional and timely manner. Uses suggestive selling techniques.
- Assist with set up, production, and tear down of meeting spaces for our social and business guests.
- Maintain a clean, organized environment for guests by clearing tables during service.
- Follow Hyatt Place operational policies and procedures, including those for cash and credit card handling, safety and security and all other policies, procedures and standards to ensure we can consistently exceed the guests’ expectations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age and be available to work weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in fast paced position with constant guest interaction.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push moderate weight (minimum of 20 lbs).
- Must possess basic computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, etc.
- Customer service experience is required, preferably in a hotel or related field.
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license preferred
Hyatt Place Columbus/OSU is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Posting ID: 606860805Posted: 2021-02-25