The Balfour at Littleton community incorporates all we have learned from our nearly 20 years of developing and operating senior housing in Colorado. Offering assisted living and memory care accommodations along with our signature amenities and services, it brings a new choice for quality senior living to this dynamic and vibrant Denver suburb.
SHIFT: Full Time - Days to be determined
Perform the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department in accordance with current federal, state, OSHA, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the community, and to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment. Clean and sanitize residents' rooms and other areas of the community. Knowledge of household and industrial laundry equipment; maintain cleanliness of laundry area in accordance with established Balfour policies and procedures.
What does a Housekeeper do at Balfour Senior Living?
• Interacts with residents, families, staff, and other visitors to the community in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner
• Honor residents' personal and property rights and maintains the confidentiality of all resident care information
• Report losses and damages of residents' laundry and property and turn in any found items
• Acts as a positive representative of the community at all times
• Responds to any and all call lights within 5 minutes
• Demonstrates knowledge of infection control throughout the community
• Clean and sanitize residents' rooms and other areas of the community in accordance with cleaning schedules and Balfour Retirement Community policies and procedures
• Reports all accidents and hazardous conditions/equipment, as established by department policies
• Disposes of waste in accordance with established policies
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policies and procedures
• Assists in maintaining storage areas in a clean and orderly manner
• Follows established guidelines when using equipment, supplies, and chemicals
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Attends all in-service education programs mandated by Balfour Retirement Community, OSHA, state, and federal guidelines
• Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English concerning the mixtures of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
• Knowledge and ability to use household and industrial washers and dryers; knowledge of commercial laundry processes, equipment, and procedures for both washing and drying materials
• Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Ability to climb, stoop, bend, push, pull and lift in excess of 50 pounds as necessary to perform required cleaning tasks as assigned throughout the workday
• Willingness to work around odors, chemicals, and extreme temperature changes throughout the community
* Balfour is a pet-friendly community; you may be exposed to animal hair and dander.
Health & Wellness Protocols: Until further notice, interviews will take place virtually. Newly-hired associates will complete Balfour Senior Living's New Hire Orientation virtually, then receive important training about how to keep our residents, and themselves, as healthy as possible. This includes things like hand washing and social distancing. You will also follow wellness protocols developed under guidance of health agencies before entering any of our buildings. If you have any questions regarding the current protocols, please include them in your cover letter or discuss with the Balfour representative who contacts you.
• Scheduling variety and flexibility:1st, 2nd, overnight and PRN/Flex pool opportunities available for many positions
• Immediate healthcare coverage for eligible employees working 32 or more hours per week (Full & 3/4 time status)
• Medical, dental and vision plan coverage
• Paid time off (PTO) and sick time for full and part time employees
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Employee Resident Referral Bonus Program
ABOUT BALFOUR SENIOR LIVING
Founded in 1997, Balfour Senior Living has received national and international recognition for the quality of its exterior architecture and its elegant interior design marked by the use of a vibrant color palette and a diverse collection of fine art. With round-the-clock nursing coverage and an extensive activity program, Balfour's quality of care and life enrichment programming makes the company a leader in the growing world of senior housing. Since the first community opened in Louisville, Colorado in 1999, Balfour has grown to include nine communities in the Denver Metro area and one in Ann Arbor, Michigan. From its inception, Balfour Senior Living has sought to be the most admired senior living company in the United States.
Balfour Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) complying with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, or racial status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, compensation, benefits, and training.