- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted : February 14, 2020
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email
POSITION: Theatre Technical Director
SCHOOL / DEPT: Central Office / Student Services
EVALUATOR: Chief Student Services Officer / Designee
SALARY SCHEDULE: Theatre Specialist JOB CLASS: TBD
APPROVED BY: Boyle County Board of Education DATE: Approved February 2020
Kids come first at Boyle County Schools. We're proud to employ a team of educators and staff who strive for excellence, crave innovation and look for ways to provide students with personalized learning environments. A state and national leader in education, Boyle County Schools elevates more than 2,500 students to the highest levels of achievement through growth in academics, the arts and athletics.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Theatre Technical Director is responsible for ensuring that lighting, sound and other technical aspects of the Boyle County Performing Arts Center (BCPAC) theatre performances and events run safely, smoothly and on time. Work with performing groups to plan, set up and execute their performances during BCPAC's inaugural season and beyond. Ensure theatre equipment is in good working order and operated safely. Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines with a flexible schedule that includes some nights and weekends.
This position requires:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree.
- Theatre and / or production experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The following are listed for reference. Success will involve the ongoing demonstration of desire and ability to perform responsibilities effectively, efficiently, pleasantly and with a focus on student success.
- Ensure smooth running of the technical aspects of BCPAC's day-to-day operations.
- Organize the rigging and setting of lighting, set up of sound equipment, acquire and set up props on stage.
- Operate sound, lighting and other effects during performances, as directed by members of the creative and production teams.
- Help furnish rehearsals with appropriate lighting, sound and scenery as needed.
- Assist in managing work schedules of volunteers and other theatre volunteers and workers as needed, including providing basic technical training.
- Ensure public areas of the theatre and / or production space are in safe and presentable condition at all times.
- Maintain equipment inventories, deploy appropriate software and order new technical equipment within authorized budget.
- Work with high school administrator and drama department to develop and teach a theatre production class to high school students.
- Maintain all safety and code requirements of the state, local and Board policies and procedures.
- Strict adherence to the Policies and Procedures of the Boyle County Board of Education, the Employee Handbook and Kentucky Revised Statutes.
- Fulfilling contractual obligation of days worked.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Designated seasonal theatre workers and volunteers.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and climb rigging equipment.
- Required to sit and climb or balance. Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires activities involving being around, moving and operating heavy equipment and props.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and occasionally loud.
DISCLAIMERS AND OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- The work environment described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Job Categories : Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Athletics & Activities > Theater Production
Career Education > Theater
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a "Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.