The Maintenance Technician / Porter is an important component of the restaurant’s daily operations by providing superior maintenance to the interior and exterior of restaurant timely and accurately. You will assure the restaurant is ready for business on a daily basis. The kitchen and all equipment is cleaned to health code standards and is operational, the exterior is cleaned and maintained, and all deliveries and inventory are stored and organized to restaurant standards.
- Demonstrates sanitation and food safety practices consistently.
- Checks over restaurant from previous close to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly jobs timely and accurately.
- Maintains the appearance of the building exterior and grounds effectively, including landscaping and snow removal.
- Follows company safety standards at all times and looks out for the safety of other team members and guests.
- Coordinates job duties around other opening team members to help ensure efficient preparation for opening.
- Puts food order away accurately, rotates stock in cooler, freezer and dry storage area using the First In-First Out method while monitoring shelf life and code dates.
- Temperatures of required foods upon delivery accurately, providing documentation on the Quality Control/Safe Food Checklist.
- Maintains a basic working knowledge of the operation of all the equipment in the restaurant.
- Completes scheduled maintenance on all restaurant equipment safely and correctly.
- Duties completed by 10:30 to be ready to work in the kitchen during the lunch shift.
- Reports possible areas of incomplete closing to opening manager.
- Completes other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Ability to work independently and safely when lifting, climbing and using hazardous materials.
- Provides clear communication to management and crew regarding equipment maintenance, food safety and OSHA compliance issues.
- Flexible schedule.
- Reading and writing skills required.
- Maintains a sense of urgency.
- Sweep, mop and scrub using hazardous materials.
- Work independently without supervision.
- Reach, bend and clean surfaces regularly.
- Stand and walk constantly
- Sit occasionally
- Climb up and down a ladder to a height of 25 feet
- Sweep, mop and scrub using hazardous materials
- Reach, bend and clean surfaces regularly
- Work frequently in hot, cold and damp environments
- Works both indoors and outdoors each 50% of the time
- Lift/carry 10-20 lbs or less constantly; lift/carry 21-100 lbs frequently
We have a need for full-time and part time positions. All porters are required to complete training prior to the restaurant opening in October.
Posting ID: 572474037Posted: 2020-09-08