At a glance:
- Are you knowledgeable in troubleshooting voice, data, and managed services while maintaining a client-centric focus?
- Can you commit to a technical support position connecting with clients while successfully diagnosing specific networking and technical problems?
- Do you desire a competitive compensation package with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a knowledgeable and confident Enterprise Technical Support I, you focus on enhancing and simplifying the client experience. With a positive and patient attitude, you provide frontline assistance from our 24/7 operations center to business clients who subscribe to our voice, video, data and managed services. You excel at connecting with clients, troubleshooting potential technical issues and proactively addressing situations by providing step by step directions towards a resolution. You accelerate the resolution process by collaborating with other departments, such as Network Operation Centers (NOCs), Network Engineering or Field and Client Account teams. You thrive in an office environment supporting clients across the Spectrum footprint. You report directly to the Manager of Enterprise Technical Support for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
- Formal training and certification program.
What you will do:
- Embody quality service by providing a reassuring voice during the resolution of a client's networking or technical difficulties.
- Troubleshoot network service issues via phone, trouble ticket, email and client portals by providing expertise on intricate issues, including wide area (WAN), local area network (LAN), fiber and Voice technologies.
- Ensure timely resolutions by maintaining an accurate database and documenting complex technical issues concisely for repair teams.
- Coordinate resolution efforts with additional departments while monitoring and apprising clients.
- Improve department processes and technologies through the investigation and identification of the root cause of technical problems.
- Support efforts to enhance the client experience through process reviews, analysis and recommendations to leadership.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Two or more years of technical support experience in a 24/7 Technical Assistance Center (TAC), NOC or operations center environment.
- Two or more years of network troubleshooting in a 24/7 operations center.
- Two or more years of experience working with either fiber-based networking or managed services, such as Fiber Internet Access, High-Speed Data, Ethernet, Managed Network Services, Managed Security Services, Managed WiFi Services, Enterprise Trunking, Hosted Voice and Enterprise TV Services.
- Experience with network protocols, radio frequency (RF), routers, layer-2 switches, virtual private network (VPN), course wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM), hybrid-fiber coax (HFC) plant and delivery system, routing protocols and policies, Wi-Fi and voice over internet protocol (VoIP) platforms.
- Skilled in troubleshooting technical issues, failed equipment, facility issues and escalating as appropriate to provide quality service.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise hardware and software technical environments.
- Know the pros and cons of coaxial cable and fiber optics.
- Learn quickly within a team environment.
- Ability to thrive under pressure while making decisions independently, resolving issues and demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor's or Associate degree in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco or Juniper certification or equivalent industry-recognized certificate (preferred).
For more information on Spectrum's benefits, please click here
Posting ID: 608292369Posted: 2021-02-23