This job posting is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Jack in the Box Inc. This means the independent franchisee, and not Jack in the Box Inc. will be your employer if you are hired. The independent franchisee is responsible for all employment related matters in the restaurant including, among other things, setting any requirements for this job and all decisions concerning hiring, firing, discipline, wages, supervision, staffing and scheduling.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Restaurant ManagerPosition Summary:
Responsible for managing the overall operations of a Jack in the Box restaurant. Responsible for training and leading the entire restaurant staff in consistently delivering a "WOW" guest experience, by consistently providing quality food, excellent service, and a clean and safe restaurant environment for JIB guests. Responsible for building restaurant sales and profits. Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.Key Duties/Responsibilities:
- Is passionate about consistently setting the customer service example by maintaining visibility and interacting with guests.
- Models a "guest comes first" attitude; has a genuine smile, and displays a friendly and positive spirit; appreciates guests and makes them feel welcome; is always polite and courteous.
- Ensures the timeliness, quality, and accuracy of all orders; conveys a sense of urgency.
- Responds to guest concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner and ensures positive resolution.
- Interacts effectively with diverse groups of people and does not have or display any biases.
- Displays a strong commitment to the restaurant team by creating a restaurant environment that is friendly, fun, clean and safe.
- Treats all employees with care and respect.
- Motivates and inspires employees to achieve high performance while adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Values effective job performance and ensures restaurant team receives recognition and expression of gratitude.
- Actively listens and communicates timely, clearly, and accurately. Remains calm when challenged or placed under pressure.
- Willingly accepts feedback from Company management.
- Recruits, selects, trains, develops and evaluates restaurant employees.
- Ensures staffing levels are sufficient to ensure proper scheduling, service to guests, and development of the restaurant team.
- Ensures systems for training employees on workstations are fully implemented and adhered to.
- Identifies and develops internal candidates for Team Leader and Assistant Manager positions, and fosters development for promotion to the next level for all employees.
- Always uses progressive discipline forms to correct unacceptable behavior. Performs annual employee performance reviews on all restaurant employees.
- Maintains restaurant cleanliness inside and outside by following JIB cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Utilizes management information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial performance.
- Identifies trends and implements action plans for improvement. Uses data to analyze business results and works with District Manager to make improvements.
- Focuses efforts on increasing restaurant sales and profitability.
- Monitors costs to ensure adherence to budgets and restaurant goals.
- Makes decisions based on experience, policy and procedures, in alignment with The Company's goals, and exercises discretion and independent judgment to keep The Company and the Jack in the Box brand in good standing with the community.
- Internal promote preferred (already meets the requirements for Team Member, Team Leader, Assistant Manager; i.e., demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior, ability to stand and walk approximately 90%-95% of shift, ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs, ability to take guests' orders, operate a cash register, and read video monitors, ability and desire to work in a very fast-paced environment).
- High School Diploma/Equivalency.
- Minimum of 1 year as a JIB Assistant Manager or like experience.
- 100% certified in all workstations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter who takes initiative and willingly accepts responsibility.
- Must attain ServSafe certification or other as required.
- Ability to perform and understand basic math concepts.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, insurance, and use personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other restaurants/business locations as required.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior in all areas.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 45 hours per week depending upon the needs of the business.
- Must be available to work any day, and anytime, especially on the busiest days including weekends and holidays.
Posting ID: 594808026Posted: 2021-01-07