Assembly Technicians- Starting Salary - $ 13.00 plus commission
Simply put; our Assembly Technician's understand how to build things! And they are experts at doing it safely, quickly, and with attention to detail. As an assembly technician, you'll work to ensure products are functional and built correctly.
So are you right for the job? As a kid did you love taking things apart so you could put it back together. Your toolbox is so extensive, everyone turns to you when it comes to tackling their to-do list!
If you're good with your hands and love working with tools, then we have the perfect job for you. We need techs all over the US with handyman skills and reliable transportation to assemble products for our retailer. This is a full-time opportunity. Our Techs understand the value they add in supporting our retail partners by earning the trust of store management, department staff, and the retail customer. They exhibit this daily through their expertise, efficiency, and professionalism as they meet the demands of this labor-intense retail service role. It's not only the quality of the end product being assembled that set our Technicians apart from the crowd, it's the pride they take by being part of a team of skilled trade professionals that also happen to be part of an organization that understands what their work entails and rewards their performance. If you are a reliable, motivated, mechanically inclined self-starter that thrives by working at a fast pace, while maintaining attention to detail, then T-ROC is the place for you to start "building" a career!
- Conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner when interacting with store management and associates.
- Work with store management to confirm inventory to assemble and complete all required pre-assembly reporting.
- Operate as a category expert as needed to advise store management on key items experiencing high sell-through needing assembly.
- Regularly support stores by identifying and suggesting additional product needing assembly.
- Inform and educate store management and staff on best practices we employ to assemble as many items as possible while in-store.
- Use understanding of the assembly process to efficiently and quickly set up work area to allow for effective product prep, fast builds, and movement of assembled inventory to sales floor or store storage area.
- Determine the best strategy for the order of items to be assembled to maximize the number of products built.
- Assembly of products will include moving inventory to appropriate work area. Work with store management to coordinate store personnel to support these efforts whenever possible.
- While assembly of bicycles are the majority of your work; retailers require support building outdoor grills, furniture, and other products needing assembly for the customer or for store display, assembling customer on-line orders as necessary.
- Exhibit the highest level of competency, safety, and accuracy in the assembly of products.
- Understand and can demonstrate competency in completing minor and major repairs as needed.
- Accurately capture all required information for each assembled item and enter them into T-ROC's mobile reporting tool for proper tracking.
- Maintain and manage assembly equipment in a manner that will keep all materials in correct working order in accordance with T-ROC's Assembly Technician Tools / Equipment Policy.
- Complete shift-end survey reported via T-ROC's mobile reporting tool, which may include store and market-level intelligence.
- Meet or exceed T-ROC's minimum performance standards.
- Adhere to all retailer guidelines for in-store third-party vendors.
- Maintain neat, clean appearance and exhibit professional demeanor at all times.
- Stay up-to-date and compliant with all required technician training.
- Participate in all required conference calls and team meetings.
- Motivation, drive, and commitment that allows self-determination of increased income, based on daily work productivity.
- Previous work in an incentive rich, productivity-based role.
- Experience assembling bicycles desirable.
- Experience assembling gas grills and other home appliances and products requiring assembly a plus.
- Mechanically inclined and have used a variety power and manual tools.
- Can follow written and diagramed directions in the assembly of products that require complete or partial assembly.
- An intuitive sense of how to solve unforeseen challenges to assembling various consumer products.
- Self-starter who can manage daily store assignments and solve problems in the assembly process with limited supervision.
- Can work steadily, with speed and accuracy for extended periods of time while working on tasks that require standing, and regular movement such as kneeling, bending, lifting, twisting, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Will establish confidence and positive rapport with store management and associates.
- Present yourself and represent T-ROC in a professional manner through your in-store appearance and behavior.
- Reliable transportation that provides the ability to transport tools and equipment necessary to complete daily assembly assignments to your store location.
- Working knowledge of mobile applications and ability to use them to complete necessary work reporting requirements.
- Previous big box retail experience, preferably in a fast-paced role requiring time sensitive completion of physical labor work activities.
- Must be willing to adhere to "retail hours." Flexibility and willingness to work day shifts, evening shifts, and weekends.
What Can We Offer You for All Your Hard Work?
- Uncapped bonus pay based on per-piece incentive as determined by how much you assemble, plus a very competitive hourly wage
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off programs
- Discount programs
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
If you don't yet follow us on social media, please do!
Please check out the video below for life at T-ROC during the COVID-19 pandemic
Posting ID: 600934546Posted: 2021-01-20