Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
Click the link below to find out more details about the specific departments within each distribution center!
Distribution Center Information Sheet
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. The Distribution Center Clerk is responsible for a variety of distribution center duties to ensure the accurate and safe shipment of goods to and from the customer. Through this important work, the Distribution Center Clerk provides support to the distribution center in order to achieve customer service, associate engagement, profitability goals and Academy's Purpose.
Job Description: Education
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Associate's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience preferred
- At least one year of related work experience
- Must have a "Safety First" mentality
- Effective listening, speaking, and writing communication skills
- MS office, with Intermediate experience in excel and other warehouse software
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
- Ability to effectively problem solve, anticipate questions/issues, and make decisions under pressure
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
*Disclaimer: Not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time without notice.Physical Requirements & Attendance:
- Provides clerical, organizational, and office support to the distribution center and handles requests from vendors, corporate office and DC team members
- Performs entry of data electronically; daily reporting of material movement, purge requests, pre-alert entries, transfers, etc.
- May assist DC team members with inventory tracking and updating
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations organized at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
- *Performs other general warehouse duties as needed
Academy is committed to the health and safety of all team members. In this position team members will be required to work safely, report any unsafe working conditions and adhere to company procedures, policies, and guidelines. Team members are also required to report suspicious activities, concerns or potential theft to management, Human Resources or Loss Prevention.
DISTRIBUTION CENTER WORKING CONDITIONS: There are routine exposures to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness and unpleasant air conditions. The position involves considerable physical exertion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.Other Requirements
- Use of manual dexterity
- Regularly standing, walking and assuming awkward positions for long periods of time (i.e. bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing, and working from elevated surfaces)
- May require repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Must be able to lift up and carry 20 - 60 pounds on a highly frequent basis
- Ability to work in mezzanines up to 50 feet high
- Ability to hear and specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work in a non-air conditioned warehouse environment
- May be required to wear equipment (PPE), such as safety shoes, safety glasses, safety vest, gloves, and bump cap
- Adhere to company work and seasonal hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
This position may require successful completion of a substance abuse screening in addition to a Criminal Background Check.
Firearms Positions: Requires the handling of ammunition and/or firearms. Extra precaution, safe handling, storage of and transport procedures must be followed to ensure safety and compliance with company policies, local and state laws. All Firearm positions will require successful completion of firearms- specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
Powered Industrial Truck Positions: Requires the operation of a Powered Industrial Truck that will be used to carry, push, pull, lift, stack or tier materials. Extra precaution, safe truck operation and procedures must be followed to ensure safety and compliance with company policies. Team member must have an active PIT Certification (provided by Academy) in order to operate a Powered Industrial Truck.
Full time Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.