"Every single doctor on my team is skilled at delivering the best possible care."
Search by Category
Search by Campus
Search by Location
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
MRC VPCI Clinic
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley. Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci® System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children's Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women's and children's services. In 2016, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics. With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year.
- Oversee the care of oncologic patient medical needs such as but not limited to: hematology, breast cancer, colon cancer, lung and esophageal cancer, leukemia and lymphoma, prostate cancer and gynecologic cancer.
- Develop a practice as a general oncologist and maintain special area of interest.
- Work collaboratively with patients to discuss treatment options and assist in managing the side effects and symptoms of cancer and its treatment.
- Review patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluate, interpret, and coordinate information such as medical imaging and surgical services to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Practice in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Ensure all outpatient and inpatient charts are closed and completed in a timely manner, per Allina Health Timely Completion of Documentation Policy
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Care may be provided in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- Deliver evidence based care when applicable that supports the Triple Aim of improved health outcomes.
- Utilize quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or workflows.
- Meet the quality measures of Allina Health, the Clinical Service Line (CSL) or community health goals as required.
- Promote teamwork and collaborate with other physicians, advanced practice clinicians, clinical assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team.
- Engage in open, respectful collegial interactions by modeling professional behavior at all times.
- Support appropriate chain of communication, standards, and policies within and across the care team to assure efficient, effective, and timely patient care by appropriate providers.
- Practice in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy, and legal responsibilities.
- Adhere to regulatory and licensure requirements.
- Abide by Allina Health Mission, Values, and Our Commitment to Care.
- Meet contact hours.
- Accept and follow established safety and health protection (i.e. participate in training, follow rules, wear personal protective equipment).
- Work with leadership to ensure hospital unit or clinic is prepared and following guidelines set by governing bodies (i.e. JCAHO, MDH).
- Act with Integrity
- Practice in accordance with board philosophy and Allina Health policy guidelines and Code of Ethics.
- Maintain professional relationships with patients.
- Including but not limited to:
- On a regular basis it is expected the physician will attend provider meetings and/or clinical meetings to help drive the direction of the overall service line and physician practice.
- Participate in peer review and quality assurance when applicable.
- Complete continuing medical education (CME) requirements in order to stay current in the physician's specialty (ies).
- Provide direction to advanced practice clinicians.
- Supervise students in training as assigned .
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Oncology fellowship training program
- Current and valid MN or WI State Medical License
- Current D.E.A. Certificate
- Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties of American Osteopathic Association. Once hired, physicians are required to maintain their board certifications while employed by Allina Health.
- Meet CME requirements as required by licensing board
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required for all clinicians
- ACLS is required for any location that does advanced cardiac testing
- ACLS, PALS, NRP may be required by site or by hospital based on position.Complete required in-person/online classes as required (Coding Documentation, Excellian Training, Inpatient Training, Opioid E-Learning, Compliance, etc.)
- PMP - Prescription Monitoring Program
- NPI - National Provider Identifier
- Communicate and work within a team environment effectively.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Proficient with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software
- Keyboarding or Dragon software skills
Allina Health is embarking on a transformational initiative to improve care for the 17,000 people diagnosed with cancer each year in the Twin Cities.
The vision for the Allina Health Cancer Institute centers on value creation through coordination of the full continuum of oncology - from prevention/ detection through treatment and survivorship. The Institute will be unique in the region, as it will be a physician-led organization empowered to direct substantial investments in cancer facilities, physician recruitment, clinical and research programs, and strategic partnerships. Importantly, the Institute will oversee cancer care across the entire health system, ensuring that consistently exceptional outcomes are delivered in any setting where patients access cancer care. This model - tested and refined nationally at other large "hybrid" cancer programs - will provide high-quality cancer care close to home.
The Allina Health Cancer Institute will be built upon the outstanding foundation of Allina's current cancer program, widely recognized for its clinical expertise, care coordination, and compassionate approach to care. Some of the program's strengths include:
- >50,000 cancer patients cared for annually, including 6,000 new cases each year
- #1 in inpatient cancer surgery in the Twin Cities - a product of Allina's cancer surgeons, including six fellowship trained surgical oncologists
- #1 breast cancer program in the Twin Cities, caring for 1,400 newly diagnosed patients each year
- 28 oncology nurse navigators supporting patients and families throughout their cancer journeys
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
- Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.