The Assistant Manager serves as a direct support person for Store Manager. He/she is fully trained in all areas of store operations. The Assistant manager position was developed to ensure that policies, and procedures, especially those relating to customer service and daily store operations, are adhered to in the store manager's absence. Improve customer service by staffing the stores with trained, quality individuals during hours when the store manager is not in the store. The Assistant Manager supports the company goals by focusing on personal/professional accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
In addition to all store associate job requirements, the Assistant Manager must meet the following requirements.
- Experience in retail sales preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from the store
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English
- Ability to assist to supervise, train and perform all duties of customer service associate and assistant manager
- Ability to work varying and non-traditional shifts within a store whose hours of operation could be 24/7. Work schedules may vary as to the days of the week and/or hours of the day based on business need
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions pertaining to all policies and procedures of store operations
- Assist store manager to recruit, interview, select, train and retain positive, enthusiastic employees, ensuring excellent customer service
- Develop, manage and assign tasks appropriately to ensure the store is clean, adequately stocked, organized and well- maintained based on established Company standards
- Schedule (in absence of store manager) employees within Company guidelines to maximize customer service, sales and maintain store image
- Assist to develop, coach employees and utilize the progressive documented discipline procedures to encourage promotional, professional and developmental opportunities
- Ensure a safe workplace, train and ensure compliance on safety/food safety procedures and promote safety awareness
- Assist in monitoring workplace environment to assure legal and regulatory compliance
- Follow and ensure compliance with Company loss prevention and safety procedures including but not limited to, following the Company's 'Five-Minute Incident Notification Rule,' wearing of protective gear for safety purposes, among others
- Ensure store cleanliness by conducting store walks and following up with employees to address concerns and counsel as necessary
- Ensure property meets Circle K's image standards
- Maintain property and equipment to ensure associates/customers have a safe and pleasant working/shopping environment
- Maintain and assist in training so mystery shops are consistent with standards/expectations
- Follow vendor check-in procedures
- Follow daily gasoline procedures including changing gas prices, accurate stick readings, competitive gas surveys, and spill procedures
- Make daily bank deposits consistent with policy and processes
- Maintain merchandise, gasoline and cash shortages to acceptable levels
- Assist in maintaining labor hours within budgeted guidelines.
- Complete all paperwork and submit information to the corporate office in a timely manner.
- Prepare cash deposit and ensure proper cash handling
- Prepare and transmit store orders using appropriate methods and processes.
- Conduct shift audits on identified products.
- View DVR per standards and expectations
- Protect confidential information (i.e. wages, personnel information, company records)
- Control and protect store keys and operation codes.
- Ensure proper time-keeping of all associates
This is not an exhaustive list of job duties and functions of this position. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Honest and friendly.
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Experience in retail sales preferred.
- Possess a valid Driver's License and have reliable transportation.
- Ability to work varying schedules (24/7 operation-ability to work any shift)
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing)
- Ability to manage a store in the absence of the store manager
- Work with minimum direction and in absence of store manager
- Ability to be at work on time as scheduled
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50lbs from the ground to waist
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30lbs from the ground to overhead
- Push and pull with arms up to a force of 20lbs (i.e. utilizing a hand truck)
- Ability to climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, place and/or replace signage
- Stoop, squat, and kneel
- Exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures
- Reach overhead and grasp objects
- Sit for extended periods of time (entire shift)
- Stand/walk for extended periods of time (entire shift)
- Operate computer keyboard for data entry (manual dexterity)
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing)
- Ability to work alone
- Be exposed to cold or warm temperature extremes performing occasional work in a walk-in cooler and/or freezer and outdoors
- Bend and twist at the waist
- Grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands for entire shift.
- Be exposed to occasional noise
The physical requirements described herein are essential functions of this job. The Company complies with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities, including providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with a disability so they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so creates undue hardship.
OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT
- Efficiently perform multi-function operations of all store equipment (included but not limited to) fuel pumps, measure fuel tank levels, etc.
- Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers and associates have a safe working and shopping experience
Job duties may change with or without notice
Posting ID: 37145932Posted: 2020-07-14