Ensures home health care clients are delivered exceptional care. Perform the initial client intake and evaluation, develops the plan of care and performs supervisory visits in the client's place of residence.
1. A LPN or RN license
2. Minimum of one (1) year experience in nursing, preferred.
3. Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
4. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
5. Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills and an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
1. Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
2. Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client's needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
4. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative non-medical procedures.
5. Provides documentation of client assessments, plan of care, supervisory visits, caregiver and client education and training.
6. Coordinates services.
7. Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the client.
8. Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
9. Implements the nursing care plan for each patient.
10. Provides services, non-medical treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned.
11. Initiates preventive and rehabilitative non-medical procedures as appropriate.
12. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician, RN, Administrator or Care Coordinator reactions to non-medical treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition.
13. Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others regarding their service needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
14. Maintains accurate and complete records of observations, non-medical treatments and care of patient.
15. Participates in medical record audit as assigned.
16. Attends staff meetings, patient care conferences and in-services as scheduled.
17. Takes on-call duty, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
18. Is responsible for:
· Submitting any changes in schedule to Administrator on a daily basis.
· Participating in patient care conferences to discuss the need for involvement of other members of the health team, such as physical therapist or speech language pathologist.
19. Provides documentation of client assessments, plan of care, supervisory visits, caregiver and client education and training
20. Supervises and teaches other personnel.
21. Prepares equipment and materials for non-medical treatments
22. Observes aseptic technique as required.
23. Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
24. Gives total client care as needed.
25. Assists with other activities, as assigned.
Care Coordinator works indoors in Home Health Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
1. Supervised by: Agency Administrator/Owner
LPN or RN license
Posting ID: 48933485Posted: 2020-07-27