The Thermo Fisher Scientific Finance Internship Program is a 12 week summer internship program designed for high potential rising juniors and seniors majoring in finance and/or accounting as a feeder program to our full-time Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). Interns will be matched to a 12 week project based on their skill set combined with the finance business need.
Similar to the Finance Leadership Development Program, our internship program projects are designed to give you real-world finance and accounting experiences and project responsibility in a large organization. In addition to being assigned to a manager and team, you will get additional opportunities to experience our corporate culture with exposure to finance leaders and current FLDPs as well as others in the organization.
In order to ensure projects are challenging and also meet the needs of our dynamic business, final project assignments will not be determined until late spring. Interns will be asked to present an end of assignment presentation to their team of colleagues at the end of their internship.
Projects could focus on the following finance functions:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Internal Audit
- Cost Accounting
- Strategic Pricing
- General Accounting & Reporting
- Division Finance
- Corporate Development
- Internal Audit
- Pricing & Analytics
- Commercial Finance
- All candidates must be a rising collegiate junior or senior by summer 2021 and currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without restriction
Posting ID: 580058154Posted: 2020-12-31