Location: Good Samaritan Society Corsica
Address: 455 N Dakota Ave, Corsica, SD 57328-2110 USA
Employment Type: PRN
- This position is responsible for providing activities that meet residents' needs. Assist in developing plans for programming that meet residents' needs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programming. Lead or assist with conducting programming. Encourage community involvement in location and work with volunteers.
- Keep activity area free of hazards. Keep potentially harmful substances in locked storage and discards properly. Follow appropriate and adequate safety measures while on outings.
- Assure residents are supervised at all times while in planned groups/outings, etc. Assist in tasks related to resident as necessary; to include, but not limited to assisting resident in ensuring proper clothing/appearance, escorting resident, and participating in the dining experience (setting, busing and cleaning tables, serving meals, etc.).
- Properly store food items with labels and dates placed on all items and containers. Properly clean/sanitize supplies/equipment according to set schedule.
- Follow proper guidelines/policies regarding pets/animals. Provides residents with opportunities and choice consistent with care plans.
- Prior work experience in long term care is preferred; other pertinent experience includes working in any confined environment-hospitals, prison, school, hospice, day care, group home, residential care, or psychiatric setting.
- Completion of an activity training program or ability to complete such program approved by the location and the state in which the location is located is necessary.
- Ability and desire to be creative in adapting programs and supplies to meet individual resident needs.
- If assigned on Alzheimer's Unit, training in working with residents with dementia; training for communication skills in working with visually/hearing impaired, aphasic residents or other specific disabilities (stroke, CHF, etc.) and validation techniques are preferred.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req42150
Posting ID: 560665976Posted: 2020-07-14