We are passionate, responsible, and uncompromising. We make beautiful, ecologically sensitive products, and we will provide a memorable ownership experience for our customers.
Our work environment is casual, and our culture is results-oriented.
If this sounds like your kind of place, we would love to talk.
Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
The Director, Design Operations leads Karma Automotive Global Design Operations and delivers the defined business and program objectives on target, on time and with quality.
- Able to work with Exterior and Interior Design teams to create exceptional and inspired styling for Karma vehicle products.
- Displays leadership, creativity, and has a proven record to drive for results
- Responsible and accountable for the departments, functions, processes and systems under the Global Design Operations organization, including Digital Surfacing, Visualization, Clay & Fabrication, Overall Timing, Overall Budget, Overall Head-Count Organizational Chart, Supplier Activities, Issue Management, Overall Process Management, and Supporting Operational Systems & Facilities.
- Responsible and accountable for the Global Design internal and cross-functional links and relationships throughout Karma Automotive to ensure seamless and effective overall Karma Automotive and platform/program operational success.
- Work with the senior management to develop and execute corporate and platform/project plans and internal/external business cases.
- Manage, lead and mentor associated departments, teams, individuals and collaborating personnel within the Global Design organization.
- Collaborate internally and cross-functionally to develop corporate and platform/program design criteria and requirements.
- Must excel in a diversified team environment, with strong management, leadership & interpersonal skills.
- Evaluate existing staff and potential hires, mentor and guide staff, and lead by example.
- Evaluate product and resource suppliers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years of relative design experience, including proven success in management roles.
- Must be able to assess the needs of the program(s) and help ensure accurate cost and timing estimates are achieved.
- Must display the ability to identify problems and root cause, elevate concerns, recommend solutions, and resolve issues, including cross-functionally with executive peers to resolve high level conflicts.
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for task execution and quality of work.
- Must be able to foresee and plan resolution for issues effecting the critical path of all programs
- Flexible to support global programs in different time zones.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
No 3 rd Parties. Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.