Night Auditor: Overnights are required.
Reports to: General Manager (GM) and/or Assistant General Manager (AGM)
Perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks to meet brand and Gulf Coast standards including cleaning guest rooms, public spaces, laundry and working shifts that vary by
day and week depending upon business needs.
Primary Job Duties
- Receive a list of rooms at the start of shift to identify rooms and public spaces to be cleaned during shift:
- Move-Out Cleans: a deep cleaning when a guest checks out
- Stay-Over Cleans: a service performed while the guest continues to reside in the hotel
- Clean all rooms according to brand and Gulf Coast cleanliness standards within the allotted time
- Maintain an orderly cart according to brand and Gulf Coast standards. Carts should be stocked and ready to go at the beginning of the shift
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators and stairways so that health standards are met and the property is clean to brand and Gulf Coast standards
- Clean doors, door frames, vents, windows, cabinets, walls, outlets, packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) and windows
- Inspect rooms and public areas to accepted health and safety standards
- Replace soiled linen and towels, disinfect bathroom surfaces, dust or wipe down all surfaces, vacuum, sweep and/or mop floors
- Replenish room supplies, toilet paper, soap, trash liners, etc.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guests, immediately reporting any damage to a room, as well as any contents that should not be in a room (drugs, weapons, animals, etc.) to the GM
- Notify GM of any maintenance issues.
- Notify GM of left behind guest belongings and bag and tag the items according to policy
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean and organized
- Wash and fold laundry
- Wear appropriate attire per the dress code
- May be asked to stay on site in the event of a catastrophe
- Other duties as assigned
- Integrity – display strong moral principles and work ethic by behaving ethically, acting fairly and taking responsibility
- Communication – listen effectively and follow instructions
- Dependability and reliability – display responsible behaviors at work in attendance and punctuality; can work with a sense of urgency; has attention to details; can follow directions and fulfill obligations
- Professionalism– maintain a professional presence by demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can lift up to 50 pounds
- Continuous standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, moving about and lifting furniture/furnishings
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing and wiping
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals (cleaning materials), odors, dirt and dust and adverse weather conditions.
Experience and Requirements
- 1 year hospitality or housekeeping experience preferred
- Work Authorization required
- Flexible schedule required. Evenings, weekends and holidays may be required.
- All Associates in this position are eligible to participate in a $500 Retention Bonus program
- Health and Dental Insurance for Full Time Associates
- 401(k) with Employer Match for all Associates
- Paid time off for all Associates per Associate Guide
- Six company paid holidays for Full Time Associates
- Time and half for hours worked on designated holidays for all Associates
Posting ID: 597392751Posted: 2021-01-20