The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country. Summary:The order selector is responsible for picking orders requested by Chefs' Warehouse Midwest. Ensures orders are picked accurately and efficiently, all while following safety guidelines, continually striving for improved customer satisfaction.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Accurately pick orders verifying quantity and the description of the items being picked.
- Meet company goals and deadlines by working accurately and efficiently.
- Check each order after the order picking process is completed to ensure the product is placed and stacked appropriately to prevent damage during transit.
- Ensure that 'wrong product shipped', 'wrong unit measure' and 'shorts' are maintained to the company standards.
- Utilize preferred methods for picking orders.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment (safety) at all times in the warehouse.
- Comply with all company appropriate policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Must maintain a clean and neat working environment in the warehouse at all times during hours of operations without exceptions.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet productivity goals.
- Perform related duties as assigned by your supervisor or management.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- 1 year of previous work experience, preferably in a warehouse.
- EPJ and/or RF Scan Gun experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a food-related industry preferred.
- Knowledge of safe food handling, allergen awareness, and USDA/FDA guidelines a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach; climb and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to work in tight and/or dim places, and be comfortable with heights.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- Health Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- Short Term Disability Insurance (Company paid)
- Employee Product Discounts
- Year-round work/Fulltime hours
- Alcohol & Drug Free workplace
- 619 Linn St, Cincinnati, OH 45203, USA
Posting ID: 577702028Posted: 2020-10-20