MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON AT THE OFFICE M-F 7:30-4:30.
- Stacks lumber onto lumber carts, in yard, or in shed to dry or store lumber by performing the following duties.
- Monday-Thursday 6:30am - 5:00pm (Break 9:30-9:45; Lunch 12:30pm-1:00pm), Friday 6:30am-12:30pm, occasionally until 5:00pm (Break 9:30 to 9:45am, if working until 5pm lunch will be from 12:30pm to 1:00pm.)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Places lumber piece by piece in layers.
- Places sticks between layers as stack rises to permit circulation of air and bind stack together, if applicable.
- Stands on ground and hands lumber to another worker on top of stack.
- Unloads lumber from stacks or kiln cars.
- Places lumber on conveyor for further processing.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area daily.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Continuous Learning - Assess own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Design - generates creative solutions; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; exhibits good listening and comprehension.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Personal Appearance - Dresses appropriately for position.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
- Safety & Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or experience
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years or older.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read a limited number or two- and three- syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver's license preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Posting ID: 563377307Posted: 2020-08-07