Registered Nurse - RN - School Nurse
CareerStaff Unlimited is looking for caring and passionate Registered Nurses for the 2020-2021 School Year!SCHOOL NURSE JOB DESCRIPTION - REGISTERED NURSE, RN:
MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FOR REGISTERED NURSE, RN:
- Hours: 7:20am to 2:40pm, 8:30am to 4:00pm - Monday - Friday (no nights or weekends)
- Work a full school Calendar: Beginning of August through end of May
- As a school nurse you will provide care to various sick/injured children according to health guidelines. You will be expected to follow MD orders according to PCP forms.
SKILLS FOR REGISTERED NURSE, RN:
- Familiar with Diastat, Glucagon, Epi-pens, Inhalers, Nebulizers
- Route of meds frequently given: subcutaneous, enteral, oral, topical, eye drops, ear drops, nasal sprays
- Oxygen administration via nasal cannula, bag, mask. Familiar with concentrators and portable tanks as well as how to change them out.
- Documentation - Online/Paper
- Identifies adverse reactions related to medications
- Sliding scale doses
- Doses based on carbohydrate counts
- Insulin pen, syringes, insulin pumps
SKILLS CONTINUED FOR REGISTERED NURSE, RN:
- Treatment of diabetic children
- Glucose monitoring
- Ketone monitoring
- Hypoglycemic interventions
- Hyperglycemic interventions
- Insulin administration. Most doses in the school setting are based on carbohydrate counts. May also see students who have orders for sliding scale.
- Insulin pumps
- Enteral Nutrition:
- Medication administration, enteral feedings, trouble shooting, site monitoring, placement check, tube replacement
- Nasoenteric tubes
- PEG tubes
- CPR, AED, First aid
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
- Vital measurements: respirations, heart rate, temperature (P.O., tympanic, and axillary routes), pain
- Assessment: lung sounds, heart sounds, neurological, gastrointestinal, signs of abuse/neglect, various injuries
- Seizure precautions and crisis management
- Able to identify adverse reactions/negative changes in a child's assessment and is able to appropriately report these changes
- Identifies and appropriately reports emergent medical situations
- Catheterization of males and female children
- Tracheostomy care, replacement, and crisis management. In-line and standard suction catheters.
- Application of splints, ace bandages, cast care, warm/cool compresses
- Childhood behavioral/mood disorders
- Commonly seen medical conditions in a school:
- Headaches, cuts/scrapes, fevers, vomiting/diarrhea, respiratory illnesses, allergies, conjunctivitis, rashes, head lice
CareerStaff Unlimited, LLC ("CareerStaff") is a leader in the delivery of workforce solutions and staffing services for the healthcare industry. Our mission is to connect our clients with talented healthcare professionals ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care. We serve our mission by leveraging a national network 25+ offices throughout the United States. CareerStaff's services include travel and per diem employment opportunities for nurses, therapists and pharmacists.
Additionally, CareerStaff provides Managed Service Programs to hundreds of healthcare facilities nationally. By offering unparalleled customer service, unique placement opportunities, top pay and benefits and employment that meets the lifestyle requirements of our clinicians, CareerStaff attracts high quality clinicians who transition well to new environments and rapidly assimilate into facility teams.
CareerStaff Unlimited is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).
Posting ID: 566623574Posted: 2020-08-05