THIS POSITION IS ON CALL FROM HOME. SEE BELOW.
Operates ambulances and equipment while assisting prehospital clinicians at the basic care level.
· Be available to respond to calls for service within 5 minutes of dispatch
· Ensures ambulances are in working order
· Operates ambulances safely and with due regard
· Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills
· Maintains documentation or required certification, licensure, and continuing education
· Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, other EMS providers, hospitals, and the public
· Complies with safety standards to assure the safety of self, responders, and patients
· Participates regularly in organizational activities
· Attends and participates in organizational meetings
· Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned
· Acts as a mentor of new employees
· Maintains awareness of current issues related to pre-hospital care through participation in professional activities
· Assists in public relations and marketing as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Be at least 18 years old
· Maintain a North Dakota driver’s license
· A driving history indicative of unsafe operation of motor vehicles
· Felony criminal conviction
· DUI within last 2 years
· Any conviction of drug diversion; abuse or neglect; or violence
· Communicate verbally and written
· Lift up to 75 pounds, push and pull 50 pounds, climb over obstacles, maintain general wellbeing and bodily fitness
· Required to stand, walk, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell
· Possess gross and fine motor skills necessary to sufficiently provide effect patient care in a safe manner
The working conditions as well as physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· This position does not require you to be physically present during your entire shift, but rather on call – you may do as you see fit (including work at another job) as long as you are able to respond to calls for service in a timely manner.
· Due to this job’s nature, it has a fixed income that works out to $25 per hour while you are required to be at work.
o $2.50 per hour while on call
o $30 per call within our service area (911 calls)
o $90 per transfer to Tioga or Williston
o $150 per transfer to Minot
o $10 per hour while training, including meetings