As a Delivery Driver for Omnicare Pharmacy, you will deliver prescription orders and/or products to customers on a predetermined route and schedule.
Schedule: Flexibility required Nights and Weekends
In this role you will:
• Provide timely and accurate delivery of medication, equipment, products and/or supplies to long term care facilities or patient's homes
• Maintain safe operation of all delivery vehicles
• Load products/materials for delivery into delivery vehicle in a safe and orderly fashion
• Possess ability to log deliveries and return accompanying documents as appropriate.
• Confirm correct medication is in correct shipment packaging for the facility.
• Confirm final correct delivery route of medication to facility.
• Final delivery verification
• Responsible for vehicle maintenance, alert management for maintenance issues.
• Knowledge of clean and dirty equipment requirements and/or other equipment and product transportation regulations (if applicable).
• Courteous and professional, timely customer communication; reporting emergencies and problems.
• Deploy alternative delivery methods in emergency situations.
• Complies with the Company's policy on the allowable uniform and dress code requirements.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Professional, clean, and neat appearance
• Courteous customer service skills
• Ability to drive for long periods of time
• Possess geographical knowledge of service area, and able to read a map
• Expertise on use of mobile phones and applications
• Work with the pharmacy staff so that all deliveries leave the pharmacy on time and are delivered to the designated location as requested.
• Transport and deliver medication and other items to patients in a safe manner to prevent damage, spoilage and loss
• Maintain delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which includes recipient information, report status and any problems to management
• Ensure patient confidentiality
• Maintain company vehicles by cleaning inside and out, fueling, and reporting mechanical issues to the pharmacy management
• Be able and willing to drive under winter and storm conditions
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to work with little direct supervision
• Navigate your route using basic internet applications and GPS functions per designated route sequence
Must be able to bend down, bend knees, lift and carry up 25lbs while walking upstairs
Must be able to be physically active for entire shift, as well as stand for intermittent periods of time
• Current, valid driver's license in the state at the level required for the vehicle's operation
• Minimum of one year driving experience
• Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and weekends
• Add lifting and bending and weight amount
• Ability to work on-call
Previous experience as a delivery driver
High School Diploma, G.E.D.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Posting ID: 557557220Posted: 2020-07-24