Overview We’re growing.
Froehling & Robertson, Inc., (F&R)
has been proudly engineering stability in the country since 1881. In addition to being one of the oldest , independent testing/engineering companies, F&R is also a minority-owned business offering competitive compensation/benefits , and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect for all! Our shared F&R/Employee values include: fairness, integrity, and high ethical standards. And. You’ve made it just in time!
We’re always on the lookout for FRESH and ENERGIZED talent; individuals and professionals who are not afraid to get their boots and hats a little dirty from the ruffles of the journey to engineering stability together. Come be a part of this talented and dedicated team.
Join stability. Apply now! Who we are looking for:
As a CMT Technician, you will help ensure public safety by traveling to construction sites to inspect the contractor's work, and perform basic field soil and concrete tests under the direction of other F&R technicians or engineering professionals to verify the work is performed in accordance with project specifications. With minimal paperwork involved, all inspections/observations and test data is input on smart phones/tablets in the field for immediate transmittal to our Project Managers for review. Responsibilities What you’ll be doing:
Including but not limited to:
Qualifications What you need to have:
- Performing field materials testing of soil, asphalt, masonry and concrete
- Preparing detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and inspections/observations provided
- Performing basic laboratory tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results
- Evaluating site and subgrade conditions on construction projects and providing recommendations
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues
Check out our Perks + Benefits:
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Some construction experience is required. Prior experience in Field testing is preferred
- ACI Level I Concrete, State DOT, WACEL, or ICC certifications in the disciplines of soils, reinforced concrete, and masonry are a plus
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- A problem solver who can deal with a variety of variables at once
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas and concepts to calculate quantities, estimate volumes, inspect constructed work, make recommendations in the field and to perform calculations for field and laboratory tests and equipment
- Must be able to work independently and within teams to achieve goals
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to walk and stand continuously throughout the day
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 70 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be willing to participate in and pass F&R’s pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license, as travel to job sites is required
- Must continue to maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill travel requirements of this position
In addition to our welcoming company culture and competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy the below benefits:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 401K retirement
- Company Cell Phone + Tablet
- Use of Company Vehicle for every day onsite travel
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other reason protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
F&R participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States. EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug Free Workplace.