The Product Engineer - Electrical will work under the direction of the CTO (Configure to Order) Team Lead and will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for controls and electrical components used on Vilter's compressor units, refrigeration packages and New Product Development. This includes the Vission and MicroVission microprocessor-based controllers, motors and starters, and other instrumentation. Responsibilities include design and calculations, creating and preparation of electrical drawings and documentation, testing, and occasional customer support. AS The Product Engineer- Electrical, YOU WILL:
- SME for Vission 20/20, MicroVission controllers and Motor Starters (both Soft Start and VFD). Responsible to implement control logic and components for effective protection and control of Vilter's Single Screw Compressor Units, Reciprocating Compressor Units and Refrigeration Packages. Support the design and implementation of controllers to improve functionality, quality and manufacturing productivity while improving cost.
- Work cross-functionally with the ETO (Engineer to Order) Electrical team for support on more complex projects.
- Reviews and interprets relevant codes and standards (UL, NEC, NFPA, NEMA etc. ) for system compliance.
- Consults with sales to assure compliance with customer expectations and design requirements. Supports integration of quotation tools with product configurator in the ERP system.
- Evaluate and select motors, starters and other electrical components and instrumentation. Work with suppliers and other engineers to resolve technical and supply issues, improve system features and capabilities. Working with Supply Chain, obtains quote and recommend qualified suppliers.
- Determines specifications, drawings and wiring diagrams to enhance design, reduce costs or increase production efficiency. Direct testing of electrical components including panels, programs, microprocessor boards and wiring to ensure compliance with quality and production standards.
- Serve as technical resource to Production, Customer Service and other departments to address and resolve questions and problems. Support development of operating manuals and procedures. Present at training schools, trade shows and customers to support sales. Job-site visits to develop project insights.
- Participate on cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing problems and to ensure continuous, on-going improvement and processes, methods and quality.
We offer a work life balance to our employees, generally working hours for this position are:
M - F 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM Qualifications :REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an Associates Degree with equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Electrical Drawings and software (AutoCAD Electrical, E-Plan) as well as pertinent electrical codes (NEC, NFPA 70, UL 508A).
- Fluent in Office Suite applications. Capable of learning and effectively using manufacturing ERP system.
- Willingness to learn a broad range of products and applications.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, willing to learn from experienced staff and capable of introducing positive changes.
Why Work in the Greater Milwaukee area
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical Drawing Software or ePlan and ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX or Oracle.
- In-depth knowledge of Electrical Codes and Standards (UL, CSA, NEC, NFPA, NEMA, etc)
- Industry experience in Refrigeration, HVAC or Controls. Hands-on experience with industrial electrical components and instrumentation.
- Ability to lead production and development efforts within cross-functionally diverse teams and address ambiguity.
Cudahy is a quaint community located in Milwaukee County, where clean neighborhoods mingle with acres of parkland, major transportation access and big city attractions all within an arm's reach, with a small-town feel. Cudahy has six county parks and 823 acres of parkland, seasonal farmers markets in front of City Hall, and an extravagant Fourth of July celebration. With lots of community involvement, the city has many family-friendly events throughout the year.
The area is home to several major league sports teams including the Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers with Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers just 2 hours away!
Traveling in and out of the area is also a breeze! General Mitchell International Airport is just minutes away with Chicago O'Hare International Airport just a little over an hour away. About our Location
The 150-year history of the Vilter brand tells a rich story of perseverance and drive to cultivate continuous innovation within the industrial refrigeration and gas compression industries. Vilter Industrial Products offers the latest products and solutions for industrial refrigerator and oil and gas compression. Approximately 225 employees work in Cudahy, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Cudahy location. WHY EMERSON?Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.Work Authorization
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.