Home Health RN - Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) / Management Position / Cullman Office
Assess, plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate the nursing care provided to home care patients. Coordinate the interdisciplinary care by working through a team of case managers, home health aides and other health care delivery professionals in accordance with patient needs, government regulations and Company policies so as to maintain excellent care for the patients.
- Registered nurse with current license to practice nursing in the state employed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- At least two (2) years nursing experience with a minimum of one (1) year of home health and supervisory experience.
- Complies with acceptable professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good communication and management skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must be capable of performing the job functions of this position with or without accommodations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with management staff and Agency Administrator/Branch Manager in planning all aspects of the nursing operation, including establishing priorities and job assignments.
- Coordinate the establishment and implementation of the patient’s plan of care, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback and assist and coach as needed.
- Monitor the delivery of patient care, and the effective coordination with other support services.
- Perform on-site evaluation for field employees within ninety (90) days of hire and then annually. Perform on-site field supervision, as needed, to proactively identify problem areas, verify adherence to agency policy and procedures and assume that care/service is appropriately provided.
- Assist the Agency Administrator/Branch Manager with the agency’s Performance Improvement Plan and Clinical Record Utilization review process.
- Coordinate, implement and manage administrative functions and areas or programs related to nursing services which may include; coordinaton of twenty four (24) hour nursing coverage, seven (7) days a week.
- Review documentation for compliance with Medicare/Medicaid guidelines; necessity of services and compliance with physician’s orders.
- Coordinate, conduct and maintain accurate records of all clinical in-house meetings to include:
- Patient Case Conference
- Clinical Staff Meetings
- In-Service Education Programs
- Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Comply with employment laws and Company policies to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution and maintain a positive work environment.
- Adhere to all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to distinguish smell and temperatures, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, patients, and outside agencies. Ability to present to groups and the ability to remain calm under stress.
“A Community of Professionals Committed to Excellence in Service”
We understand you have many choices about the place you work and the company you represent.
We have a passion for providing services to those in need. Comfort Care is more than home health.
Comfort Care provides care to families when they need it most, maintaining dignity and spirit.
We want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. Through an environment of mutual respect
and collaboration, we believe we do that.
As dedicated professionals, we each have a commitment and obligation to serve our patients, our customers,
our co-workers and Comfort Care to the best of our ability. We have individual responsibilities to uphold our
respective professional standards of practice and our Company’s Code of Ethics.
The goal of Comfort Care is to provide a work environment that we can be proud of and to have a sense of
contribution to something greater than ourselves. We strive to create an environment that promotes teamwork,
diversity, and excellent service. As a member of the Comfort Care family, we will do our best to empower you
with tools, knowledge, and freedom to be successful. We will partner with you to provide opportunities for you to
grow in your profession and we encourage you to contribute innovative ideas and suggestions. Listening to you
begins our partnership philosophy. Many of Comfort Care’s systems, forms, and programs were developed from
Ralph Waldo Emerson said in a poem, “To know that one life has breathed easier because you have lived; this is
success.” We have the privilege and the opportunity to touch people’s lives on a daily basis. Let us work together
to make it the very best that we can.
Comfort Care Home Health Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Posting ID: 564178923Posted: 2020-08-07