The Assistant Superintendent supports managing job sites with the project schedule, communicates project priorities to field staff and subcontractors, maintains daily log/report of all activities and site conditions, and manages the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance. The Assistant Superintendent understands and administers the safety programs to include all subcontractors, ensures that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assists in safety inspection by outside agencies. The Assistant Superintendent assists in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the building aspects of each project in order to meet budget, quality, time and safety objectives.
- Work with project manager in formulating project schedule, ensure that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, makes and follows through with schedule commitments
- Maintain good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project, develop relationships within the community that enhances business opportunities, and ensure subcontractors are treated fairly.
- Ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
- Develop and organize the site team, arrange for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identify long lead items that need to be expedited
- 2-5 years’ experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally, with a strong focus on audience appropriate business writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry
- Gather data, interpret it into meaningful information, and relay that information through clear, concise communication strategies; ability to see how pieces and processes fit into and affect the bigger picture/business model
- Organize and manage tasks and priorities
- Seek continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities, internal focus on self-improvement
- Adapt and exercise flexibility
- Collaborate with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Create and maintain relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Exhibit respectfulness by being punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others
Posting ID: 563654012Posted: 2020-08-06