Provides leadership over designated Financial Reporting and Accounting functions, including the management and development of the related team members, establishing and implementing functional process and procedural enhancements and serve on cross-functional project teams in support of financial quality and service enhancements.
1) Lead and oversee the process of gathering, analyzing, drafting and reviewing the information required to be reported in the company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the filing of the 10-K
- Coordinating the filing of 10-Qs,
- Assist in preparation and filing of 8-Ks
- Provide information for Registration Statement Filings
- Research other company disclosures
- Drafting new disclosures
2) Manage compliance with all SEC, FASB and stock exchange rules and regulation, including the following activities:
- Maintains awareness of current SEC positions and proposed changes
- Researches, analyzes and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards.
- Prepares memorandums regarding the companyï¿½s position and impact of new accounting pronouncements
- Manages the calculation of financial metrics such as earnings per share, leverage ratio and AR Days.
- Coordinates with finance department, legal, investor relations, internal audit and external independent auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Performs technical research on proposed company transactions
- Assist in drafting responses to SEC comments
3) Maintain compliance with internal controls over financial reporting including:
- Maintain documentation of compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley internal accounting controls
- Support internal and external auditor testing of key controls
- Propose new controls over financial reporting as necessary based on new disclosure requirements
- Keep version control of filing documents and documentation of review comments
4) Coordinate with other departments to ensure disclosed information in SEC filings is consistent with other public information and investor presentations and answer questions regarding what is included in SEC filings Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or similar field
- Certified Public Accountant
- Familiarity with XBRL
- Minimum 10 years of progressive accounting experience in a managerial role along with a minimum of 3 years of SEC reporting
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Soft skills in influencing others on deadlines related to information needed from other departments
- Healthcare experience a plus but not required
Job: Corporate Primary Location: Dallas, Texas Facility: 979-Dallas, Texas Job Type: Full-time Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005009249
About Tenet Healthcare
"Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
ASHHRA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASHHRA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASHHRA Career Center.
- © 2020 by the American Hospital Association. All rights reserved.
Noncommercial use of original content on www.aha.org is granted to AHA Institutional Members, their employees and State, Regional and Metro Hospital Associations unless otherwise indicated. AHA does not claim ownership of any content, including content incorporated by permission into AHA produced materials, created by any third party and cannot grant permission to use, distribute or otherwise reproduce such third party content. To request permission to reproduce AHA content, please click here .