- Responsible for supplier account management on behalf of Cepheid, including contracts, key negotiations, and supplier performance management.
- Develop, align, and implement global sourcing strategies for the commodities assigned by focusing on lowest total cost of ownership and flexibility through supplier segmentation, development and management.
- Monitor internal forecasts as well as external supplier and market trends to identify and mitigate risks for continuity of supplier and capacity growth objectives.
- Negotiate and maintain agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between Cepheid and suppliers.
- Engage in the NPI process to ensure timely product releases/improvements and align with the commodity strategies.
- Drive resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Develop a professional relationship with key suppliers through executive meetings and execution to the defined business metrics.
- Ensure strong supplier performance towards objectives (delivery, quality, cost, lead time, and capacity)
- Negotiate complex supplier related agreements to support objectives.
- Identify, develop, and implement new supply chain related business processes to support the company growth
Education or Experience (in years):
- BS or BA degree, preferably in Life Science, Engineering or Business discipline
- 10+ years in procurement, strategic sourcing, and/or commodity management role
- 5+ years in people management position
- 5+ years contract negotiation experience and strong understanding of corporate contracts
- 5+ years international business experience
Knowledge and skills:
- Lean Six Sigma
- Strong business acumen
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: (Delete this section if not applicable)
- Experience in regulated industry, such as medical device industry
- Experience with enzyme, sample collection, and chemical categories
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The �??EEO is the Law�?? poster is available here .
- Job ID: 54238581
Sunnyvale, California, United States
- Position Title: Supply Chain Commodity Director
- Company Name: Cepheid
- Job Function: Supply Chain
Jobs You May Like
Production Planning Manager
Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Supply Chain Risk Manager
Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Senior Manager Customer Care Experience, USA
1025 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 1000 Washington, Dist. Columbia 20036 (866) 313-6311
Posting ID: 564763678Posted: 2020-08-08