Provisions Energy & Marine Support is seeking a full-time Warehouse Selector to join its team in Port Fourchon, Louisiana. This position performs the order selecting activities to ensure expedient order flow for the loaders, maximize customer satisfaction, ensure timely deliveries, protect company assets and maximize revenue.
- Obtains and uses picking sheets – Warehouse Selector must be able to use small-print labels to locate the merchandise in the warehouse and properly organize it for shipment, the pick labels describe the type of merchandise being selected, the number of items to be selected, and the location where the merchandise is stored in the warehouse or freezer.
- Operate pallet jack to move product through the warehouse and/or freezer.
- Select Merchandise by using the information on the picking sheet to locate the merchandise then move up and down the aisles on the pallet rack in the order specified. More than one item may be retrieved from a specified slot location. A picking label is placed on each item that is handled. The worker will them move to the next slot location. This is repeated for all the items on the sheet.
- The worker will stack the items in order to fully utilize the available space: the selector must also be able to stack the items so that the stack is sturdy and does not fall over as they move. Items lifted on a daily basis will weigh as much as 80 lbs. (with an average of 26 lbs. per case) and on a weekly basis as much as 100 lbs.
- The performance standards are demanding – The selector is required to perform above a 70% work standard minimum with an error rate less than one error per 1000 picks.
- Responsible for general sanitation duties to include clean-up of general work areas.
The Selector position is a manual handling, labor intensive job. Considerable strength and endurance is required to safely and successfully perform this job. These strength and endurance demands are due to the weight of the merchandise handled and the frequency with which it is handled. The work takes place in normal warehouse environments as well as in cooler and freezer compartments where the worker is exposed to cold and very cold temperatures.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend computer printouts/picking labels and write legibly.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED or equivalent knowledge/education.
- Must have the ability to take direction, comprehend instructions and work well with others.
- Must pass a material handling test.
- Must pass a pallet jack test and be able to handle warehouse equipment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
- Stand - Regularly
- Walk - Regularly
- Use Hands - Regularly
- Reach with Hands/Arms - Regularly
- Climb or balance - Frequently
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl - Frequently
- Talk/Hear - Regularly
- Taste/Smell - Frequently
- Lift and/or push, pull, move (80+/- lbs) - Regularly
- Job also requires: twisting, neck flexion/extension, cervical rotation, high grip strength, frequent forearm supination/pronation, frequent and/or sustained awkward wrist positions, tolerance for cold temperatures (when working in freezer)
Work Environment/Noise Level
- Wet or humid (non-weather) - Regularly
- Work near moving mechanical parts - Regularly
- Extreme cold (non-weather) - Regularly
- Extreme heat (non-weather) - Regularly
- Vibration - Regularly
- Noise Level - Moderate/Medium - traffic, equipment operation, loading/unloading
Qualified applicants may apply through this posting. No calls, please.
Posting ID: 583139160Posted: 2020-10-31