Position Title: Intermediate Analyst
Location: Dahlgren, VA
ITC Defense is looking for an Analyst Intermediate in support of an ISSM at the Missile Defense Agency. Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work under the supervision of a Specialist Advanced, Analyst Advanced or Section Lead and capable of preparing data/informational report. The candidate must also have a good understanding of the technologies of the systems he or she is assigned.
- CND–A personnel use data collected from a variety of CND tools (including intrusion detection system alerts, firewall and network traffic logs, and host system logs) to analyze events that occur within their environment. Individuals within CND-SPs who collect and analyze event information or perform threat or target analysis duties within the CND-SP shall be considered CND-As.
- Experience - Level Recommended at least 2 years of experience in CND technology or a related field.
- System Environment: Works on a specific number of CND systems but analyzes events within the NE or enclave.
- Knowledge: Significant knowledge of particular CND tools, tactics, techniques, and procedures which support their analysis of event information.
- Supervision: Works under supervision and typically reports to a CND-SPM.
- Other: Actions are usually authorized and controlled by policies and established procedures.
- IAT-II IA Baseline Certification, CND IA Baseline Certification, and CE/OS Certificate
- The following lists the specific functions associated with the CND-A position. Personnel performing these functions as their primary CND responsibilities, regardless of their occupational title within the CND-SP organization, shall be identified as part of the CND-A specialty and must comply with these requirements.
- Mastery of IAT Level I and IAT Level II CE and/or NE knowledge and skills with applicable certification.
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the NE or enclave and determine possible causes of such alerts.
- Coordinate with enclave CND staff to validate network alerts.
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources within the NE or enclave, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system logs.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Monitor external data sources (e.g. CND vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, SANS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of CND threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the NE or enclave.
- Assist in the construction of signatures which can be implemented on CND network tools in response to new or observed threats within the NE or enclave.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the NE or enclave to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Notify CND managers, CND incident responders, and other CND-SP team members of suspected CND incidents and articulate the event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action.
- Position requirements are identified in DoD 8570.01-M Computer Network Defense – Analyst (CND-A), IAM Level II or higher. See below for more information.
- Capable of executing Computer Network Defense Analysis tasks for Vulnerability Management, Cyber Tasking Orders, Asset Management, Configuration Management, and Continuous Monitoring Initiatives.
- Additional requirements include appropriate tool/device Computing Environment (CE) experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Host Based Security System (HBSS)/Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS), ArcSight, etc.
- Experience in appropriate Operating System(s), etc.: Windows, Linux, and DISA’s Secure Host Baseline; and Networking Hardware/Software.
- Other job related capabilities include: communication skills for daily interaction with Agency business partners, initiative to execute tasks with minimal guidance, and work ethic to identify continuous process improvement for establishing efficiencies in CSM-CND.
- Security Clearance requirement minimum Secret, preferred TS.
- Prior experience working with the Department of Defense (Agency or Military).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage Candidates who reside in a HUBZone to apply. To confirm if your home address is within a HUBZone, please visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/. ITC Defense Corp. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Employment with ITC is at-will. For further information on our equal opportunity protections as part of the employment process, please see http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
ACCESSIBILITY- Candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested, reasonable accommodation may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation for purposes of participating in the application/selection process with ITC. Please refer to our website www.itcdefense.com/careers for further information on all our EEO/VEVRAA policies.
Thank you for your interest in ITC Defense!
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 550709253Posted: 2020-07-03