At a glance:
- Are you a detail-oriented network developer knowledgeable about Openstack platform enhancements and maintenance?
- Can you commit to a technical position guiding all aspects of complex, client-focused projects?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You propel growth and enhance the client experience by ensuring efficient and reliable service engine platforms. As a Network Developer II, you have a deep understanding of the needs, challenges and concerns of enterprise Openstack Environment. You excel at empowering our clients by developing, deploying and testing Openstack Features and bug fixes. You combine your expertise and understanding of company objectives to develop microservices, applications, and end-user interfaces. You have an aptitude for overcoming obstacles to see that complex technical projects are completed on time and cost-effectively. You excel at developing multiple Openstack enhancements simultaneously from an office position for clients across the organization. You report to the Senior Manager of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide excellence through active and consistent support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Improve our quality assurance bar through the testing of new services and resource adapters for functionality using our testing framework and adding new test cases to the test suite.
- Define the services that we provide to clients, such as Fiber Internet Access and Eline through the development of microservices, application programming interfaces (APIs) and service templates.
- Ensure continuous client services by coding resource adapters that act as firmware drivers to the network devices, such as Cisco, Juniper, ADVA and Rad.
- Enhance efficiency through regular check-ins and code reviews of our GIT source control repositories.
- Spearhead project implementation by deploying code to our development, quality assurance,
- staging and production servers using our continuous integration and deployment pipeline platform.
- Proactively contribute to project development through a deep understanding of Agile sprints, standups, retrospectives and planning sessions.
Required keys for success:
- Two years of software development experience
- Two years of experience in network engineering
- Knowledge of Ethernet, IP and TDM based networks and architectures
- Experienced in routing protocols, network topologies, Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF), technical specifications and command line interface
- Advanced development skills in Python, Git Source Control, Jenkins CI/CD, SQL, Web Services, MuleSoft and Docker
- Developed network engineering skills in MEF CECP / MEF NF/ MEF SDN-NFV, CCIE/JNCIS and ONF SDN
- History of working with Scaled Agile Framework, roles and philosophy
- Proven track record managing and executing multiple, critical projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the software lifecycle and industry best practices for software development
- Analytical, organizational, business planning, forecasting and issue resolution skills
- Client-focused and service-oriented with the ability to analyze data and develop and present data-driven reports
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- One or more years of experience in Openstack Development
- One or more years of experience in Openstack Deployment
- One or more years of experience in Openstack Administration
- One or more years of experience in Linux Administration
- One or more years of experience in Python coding
- One or more years of experience in Ansible automation
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
Posting ID: 574646257Posted: 2020-09-21