Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our employees, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers' financial needs.
Data Management Solutions
The Data Management Solutions (DMS) organization within DMI provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities to Wells Fargo. This includes domain management, data quality monitoring, metadata management, data lake management, and master/reference data management.
Data Quality Operations team within DMS is responsible for ongoing execution and monitoring of data quality processes, spanning across deployment of defined data quality checks to execution and dissemination of DQ reporting, data defect management (identification, reporting, resolution), quality assurance of DQ deliverables, and managing all data quality templates, procedures and applications.
The Head of Data Quality Operations will be a key leader within the DMS organization and be responsible for leading a team of FTEs, contractors and consultants to drive this critical operational process within the Enterprise Data Strategy, focused on improving data quality through consistent measurement and monitoring across Wells Fargo's strategic applications in alignment with the bank's Data Management Policy and industry best practices. This leader will play a pivotal role in driving the design and execution of data quality processes, with a focus on transformation along people, process and technology pillars.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leverage Data Management expertise to drive implementation of data quality operational processes across the target state data environment in joint ownership and partnership with other DMI teams.
• Drive the enterprise DQ reporting and data defect management processes, to ensure transparency into the DQ results and status of data quality management across the data environment.
• Ensure compliance with Data Management policy requirements for data quality processes.
• Partner with Head of DQ Implementation and other stakeholders to define metrics to track and measure the health of our data assets.
• Lead the design and maintenance of data quality processes and templates, and ensure consistent adherence to these processes and templates.
• Accountable for addressing internal (e.g., WFAS) and external feedback received via assessment activities specific to DQ operations.
• Provide thought leadership in required governance routines (e.g., committees, regulator agency check-ins, etc.).
• Partner closely with the technology organization to drive seamless operations of data quality platforms, and to implement enhancements and efficiencies in these platforms.
• Partner across related data management functions to ensure efficient operating models, reuse, and clear/consistent partner engagement.
• Ensure talent development of management leveraging both internal resources and industry best practices. Drive programs to deepen expertise of talent across the team.
• Exercises the usual authority of a manager and is responsible for the management of individuals and matrixed teams focused on data quality activities.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
• Proven experience in data quality implementation and ongoing operations.
• Experience remediating quality and control gaps and implementing effective data management standards.
• Understanding and experience of data quality and metadata patterns, solutions and architectures within the modern data architecture ecosystem.
• Knowledge of Risk, Regulatory, Finance or Accounting.
• Experience dealing with regulatory agencies and internal audit assessments.
• Self-directed, pro-active, self-starter who excels in an environment with limited supervision.
• Record of adaptability, resilience, and effectiveness at engaging diverse teams with competing priorities.
• Driven to develop, maintain and expand relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
• Deep knowledge of business applications as well as information, processes, and procedures used to manage data management functions.
• History of effective performance within shared service or matrixed environments.
• Experience working with data governance tools (Collibra, Ab Initio, Informatica) and other data technologies.
• Experience working in Enterprise Data Lake and/or other large Data Environment.
• Capacity to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results.
• Ability to understand business processes and/or objectives to enable successful execution and drive efficiencies.
• Encourages collaboration and easily gains trust and support of others. Quickly finds common ground and tries to solve problems for all.
• Intellectually curious, quick thinker / learner that thrives in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to successfully navigate / operate in a high pressure environment.
• Talent for engaging partners in open dialogue and negotiation.
• Driven, confident, organized and an accomplished problem solver.
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive - Irving, TX
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
IA-Des Moines: 6200 Park Ave - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.