Job ID: 249126
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 85,000 people at more than 3,600 locations in 32 countries. Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH Americas, North America's largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally. Position Summary
This is a skilled position and a key resource within the region for facilitating the effective ordering of products and services and for ensuring that supply commitments and business needs are met. This role will help to clarify needs, evaluate and assist with determining suppliers, generate and place orders, and manage ongoing supplier interactions within the local operations.This position will support the Northwest Region of CRH Americas Materials and can be located in Spokane, WA, or Salem, OR.Duties and Responsibilities
- Will procure all types of materials required for company operations
- Facilitate the process of obtaining quotes and / or bids from potential suppliers
- Will place bids and ensure competitive pricing on all materials
- Will arrange for deliveries to the requestor
- Will track and maintain the procurement process of all materials
- Will work closely with operations, other purchasers, sourcing, and accounting staff.
- Understand the local supply chain (manufacturing, distribution, delivery, use, service and disposal) related to the products and services being purchased
- Conduct research and support efforts to identify and evaluate new/alternative suppliers which meet the business requirements
- Track savings generated from purchaser negotiations.
- Expedite and assist with the troubleshooting of orders as needed
- Prepare draft purchase orders within the P2P system which accurately capture the business requirements and leverage existing programs and / or supplier relationships
- Work with suppliers and Sourcing to ensure that accurate product / service information is being communicated on orders including pricing, availability, part numbers and delivery
- Facilitate the approval of draft purchase orders
- Arrange for the proper transportation of the purchased products if needed, and not otherwise determined
- Place approved purchases with suppliers
- Other duties will be assigned as needed within the region
- Observes confidentiality of company information; written and verbal.
- Observes company safety standards and maintains safe work environment.
- Full time position, Monday through Friday with occasional overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years of previous business, purchasing, operations or related experience is preferred.
- Experience working with databases / data warehouse applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems is preferred.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Americas Offers You
- ADemonstrated commitment to achieving the organizations goals and objectives
- Ability to work effectively with others
- High ethical standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to work with suppliers
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation
- Ability to assist change and sell new concepts and approaches
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of procurement's impact on financial results
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americasis a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Jan 6, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Warehouse, Supply, Procurement, ERP, Buyer, Manufacturing, Operations, Technology