Houston / Dallas, TXPreferred residence in the Houston / Dallas, TX areaThe Job
Emery Jensen Distribution is a subsidiary of Ace Hardware Corporation that sells and distributes hardline products to independent Pro, Lumber, Paint, Hardware and E-retailer customer segments.
As an Emery Jensen Distribution Sales Director,
you are responsible for the performance and development of all sales team members in the assigned geography/market. The Sales Director will have direct responsibility for achieving all revenue and operating expense budgets and will have shared responsibility for meeting profitability budgets. This sales leader will be adept building World Class sales teams and must be an effective coach. They will also flawlessly execute on the sales management process and ensure that the Emery Jensen value proposition is being positioned with our customers in a way that resonates and converts business to us.
What you'll do
- Responsible for revenue goals and achieving sales growth targets through a group of field sales Territory Managers
- Manage an operating expense budget, meet expense management targets and ensure expense growth is slower than sales growth annually
What you need to succeed
- Provide guidance and direction through the sales team with respect to pricing and profitability
- The Sales Director is responsible for building and maintaining a highly talented team Territory Managers that drive consistent performance every month and year. Oversees and is ultimately accountable for the talent and development of the Territory Managers in the region
- Hold Territory Managers accountable to achieving sales plans, building a strong base of customers, and ensuring profitable sales growth annually
- Building strategic plans and aligning to the EJD annual strategic plan, aligning your sales team to the plan, execution of the plan, and checking and adjusting the plan and execution along the way to ensure the team is maximizing results
- Understanding your markets including the competitive landscape, customers' channels and economic conditions. Checking and adjusting the strategic plan based on these factors is critical to success
We want to hear from you!
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced business degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience
- The ability to build a world class sales organization through attracting the right talent into their sales teams
- Must have a track record of success leading teams to over goal performance
- The ability to effectively coach and develop their teams
- Strong wholesale distribution background
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate, inspire, provide confidence and build trust
- Strong strategic orientation skills, planning and financial acumen skills
- Fact-based and solution-based problem solving and management style
- Road warrior
Emery Jensen Distribution delivers wholesale products and best-in-class service to independent retailers in the Pro Lumber, Paint, Hardware, Grocery, and E-retailer space. Our goal is to support sustainable and profitable growth for our customers by offering the broadest assortments, best pricing, and most knowledgeable team. We have national scale, a regional focus and the commitment to serve our customers and support each other. Come find out why a career with Emery Jensen Distribution is right for you. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emery Jensen Distribution, a subsidiary of Ace Hardware, is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 585927386Posted: 2021-02-08