Job Description:Raytheon Technologies is looking for high-energy, self-driven team members with proven track record to join our team and lead design team through the full design life cycle of RF Circuit Card Modules with various levels of reuse and complexity. This position requires technical leadership and engineering experience with Digital and RF design, knowledgeable in CAD processes and Digital and RF design tools. The candidate must be capable of guiding the design effort by both performing the electrical design and coordinating the work of others from various functional areas for the design, build, and test. Cost and schedule adherence is also required. We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join the Advance Concepts and Technology Design (ACT) and Radar Hardware Electrical Engineering team in Dallas, TX/McKinney, TX. As a critical team member, the Senior Electrical Design Engineer will design, develop, integrate and test the most technologically advanced Radars in the world. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for requirements analysis and decomposition, sub-system and circuit design, modeling, simulation and design verification test. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will work with other experienced hardware engineers, will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and will have the ability to work self - guided yet collaboratively in a team environment.Basic Qualifications:
- 8 plus years of professional engineering experience to include the following.
- Mixed Signal Design: One or more of the following. A/D Converters, Digital Down Converters, D/A Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
- Digital Hardware: One or more of the following. Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, COTS Interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI interfaces Digital Systems, System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
- Experience with Embedded Systems Development: CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC
- Experience with Receiver & Exciter (REX) Design: REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design, Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Integration and Test
- Test Development experience: Test Set Hardware development and/or Test Set Software generation for testing radar subsystems and components
- US Citizenship required
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Education (including Major):
- 8+ years' experience with hardware/software design for embedded control Experience with VHDL or Verilog designs and test benches Experience with Xilinx, Intel/Altera, or Microsemi FPGAs:
- Exposure to analytical tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with Mentor Graphics xDX Designer
- Experience with circuit card component selection, schematic entry, and layout
- Familiarity with simulation and CAD tools is a plus
- Experience with LabVIEW
- Bachelors' degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or a related discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related STEM degree from an accredited program
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 611072335Posted: 2021-03-08