The Dishwasher is the backbone of Alamo Drafthouse operations and is responsible for providing all guests and team members with clean, sanitized utensils, dishes, glassware and equipment while maintaining clean, well maintained facilities.
Reports to: Kitchen Manager/AKM/Kitchen supervisor
Salary / Grade Level: Hourly/Exempt
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all Guests have an AWESOME Experience, and are EXCITED to come back.
- Provides Guests and team members with clean sanitized and spot-free utensils plate-ware, glassware and equipment.
- Washes plate-ware, glassware, silverware and posts/pans and kitchen utensils adhering to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Keeps the kitchen clean by sweeping and mopping floors and emptying trash as needed.
- Sets up dish machine in the AM and closes down the dish machine in the PM according to proper procedures.
- Maintains daily cleanliness and maintenance of dish machine.
- Maintains clean and safe exterior of building. Communicates facility concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Trouble-shoots dishwasher machine malfunctions.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Completes assigned prep work and beautification duties.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
EDUCATION / EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work is typically performed in the restaurant environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work involves a majority of sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Stands 100% of shift.
- Lifts and carries weights of up to 70lbs up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in cooler and freezer.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Works indoors 75%, outdoors 25%
- Works frequently in hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water of varying temperature.
- Frequently immerses hands in water diluted with chemical solutions.
- Frequently works with sharp knives and utensils.
- Frequently works with hot plates.
Only those present in a normal restaurant setting; no known significant hazards.
- Work performed in the restaurant has minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals, cooking equipment along with minimal machinery with moving parts.
Posting ID: 57010447Posted: 2020-02-19