Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk. Primary Objective: In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose of primary objective of this position.
Major Function and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function of responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
- Repair all defects to pass inspection for approval process.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:Describe the education, knowledge required, years of experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
- Responsible for personal safety and participating in plant safety process.
- Guarantee that all rolls meets color and quality standards per standard set.
- Repair final product to ensure defects are identified and correctly repaired
- Must follow the policy and procedures for the quality management system to insure the accuracy of repair
- Maintain a clean and efficient environment.
- Keep quality measurement equipment in good working order.
- Perform all repair on final product
- Communicate quality findings to appropriate manufacturing team members. Making supervisors/managers aware of any off-quality rolls or other problems.
- Keep tables running smoothly and efficiently.
- Ultimate responsibility for all repair products.
- Perform any other duties, as required by management.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Must have a High School or GED diploma.
- Previous experience with quality systems desired.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills. (MS Office)
- Must be able to operate Repair Table
- Experience operating a lift truck. Lift Truck Certification required upon job placement.
Associates Supervised:Indicate the numbers of associates that report to this position (only complete for exempt supervisory/managerial positions).Other Pertinent Job Information:(Such as: American with Disabilities Act- ADA requirements for certain hourly positions).Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to distinguish between quality and off quality carpet.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and / or six sigma methodologies highly desired.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong decision-making skills regarding quality grading.
- Commitment to company values and safe work practices.
Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening, night shifts, weekends and holidays.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.